Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: When is the best time to UPDATE?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since dolphin update regularly, it should be almost the same feature when there is a new rev, so i need your opinion, should i wait a difference of 100,200,500 or 1000 of dolphin revision to see a huge mass of feature?

ps: well, i want to play fragile without select enable progressive and enable xfb cos it ruins the fps Tongue
Obviously the bigger the number on the build would mean it has been around longer and has more work done on it, but that doesn't mean the emulator is fully ready to use perfectly.
(04-10-2010, 04:43 AM)[SS] Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Obviously the bigger the number on the build would mean it has been around longer and has more work done on it, but that does mean the emulator is fully ready to use perfectly.

I guess you mean "doesn't mean"?

Just try a new rev if you find the new features interesting enough.
Yes. Typo.
I read the revision logs so I know every time something major is added. I may end up downloading 2-3 times pr. 100 rev, but it's usually just cause there was something nifty I had to check out. The chances of the emu having required something groundbraking since last time isn't so great unless you let a few hundred revs pass
It also depends on what games you are trying to play, but I update every 10 or 20 revs.
i think i didnt realise any difference because i update each time i on9 Tongue , well maybe regularly update is not bad at all unless u have problem in downloading but i like surprise, so i should wait patiently, anyway, thanx guys Tongue
I usually update like every 30 revs