Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: DX9 trouble
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Varkrath

I was trying to use the DX9 plugin because i wasn't happy with the framerate under OGL. When i enable the DX9 plugin, i don't get any video at all. The OGL works fine for gamecube games, but i am trying to get New Super Mario Bros Wii working. The game runs alright, but plays in slow-mo.

I am pretty familiar with emulators and video settings etc. so i dont think that is my problem.

I was playing with three different versions on Dolphin, but the only the 2.0 RC1 32-bit version would even show the DX9 plugin.

System Specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33GHz
2GB DDR3
GeForce 9600GT

Oh, and BTW; I didn't find any speed difference between the 32 and 64-bit versions (of 2.0 RC1). Shouldn't the 64-bit run a bit better on a 64-bit OS?
i not sure but it like if you have not install vcred x64 try that i was a problem like you and download directx and vcred x86 and x64 both

Varkrath

I installed that, but no change. I also have noticed that the gamecube games dont really run at full speed either. I can run Fallout3, Mirrors Edge, etc at full settings on my rig with no lag, so i dont think that my machine is the problem.

i only noticed that Pikmin (in particular) isnt running at fullspeed because i watched a speedrun of it.
sorry my mistake wanna reply to somebody else no your pc is not the problem i am sure you cant run all game full speed but many will work ok for dx or opengl it depend of which games you play dx is more faster but have some bug nvidia work better on dx

it might be a bad config tell us more which games you wanna play on which setting

Varkrath

I did finally get directx working. i already had direct3d 11 installed, but i reinstalled/updated it and directx in dolphin is working now. (no reboot required)

Specifically, i am trying to play Pikmin for gamecube and the wii version. Also, i am trying to get New Super Mario Bros Wii running at full speed. The GC version of Pikmin is running at full speed now but the act of throwing a pikmin is oddly difficult. It is hard to explain but it is like the button isn't being held down long enough. I tend to get around this by picking a pikmin up while moving, although this doesn't always work. I figured it was a fault of the emulation for the specifc game. As for Mario Bros Wii, there is no speed difference between the directx plugin and the OpenGL.

Anyway, thanks for the help so far guys!
throw your dx setting for mario i got this one and his dont need high cpu
sure you can play full speed