Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: wii emulator advce
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

iconofsin

my pc isnt really fast enough to run wii games
it runs new super mario at about 20-30fps and this feels as if it is in slow motion (but it is not jumpy). so......

i have limited the FPS to 20 and set the frame skip to 3

my theory is that if a low frame rate makes it look like its in slow motion skiping frames will solve this. limiting the frames means i dont get sudden bursts of fast motion because the effective frame rate will always be 60

it seams to run fine
so i have 2 questions

1)
is 60 the wiis native frame rate (if it isnt i will need to adjust my settings to get 50 effective frames)?

2) i would expect to miss some action with most of the frames being skipped but i dont seam to be, objects move about smoothly, even the smallest animation is smooth (for example i dont have any trouble moving a tiny amount in 1 direction) and the sound speams to be running at normal speed. so am i likely to be missing anything without realising it?
1.yes it is
2.yes you are.there several frame you skipped

iconofsin

(04-07-2010, 09:19 AM)Travixyz Wrote: [ -> ]1.yes it is
2.yes you are.there several frame you skipped

you seam to have ms-understood me a little bit

i am aware of the fact that i have missed several frames (that is the whole point of doing this) and that i have missed everything displayed on thoes frames including any sound that would play at that point.

but i do not NOTICE anything missing.
NOTICE is the key word here as it is all about what the human eye (and ear) can detect

the action is smooth

the sound seams to be natural. it does not sound like it is playing in fast motion or that any bits are missing. i have spent the several years upgrading my mp3 library to cd quality versions to if tiny details were missing i would suspect it.

when i try and do a tiny movement (ie moving a single pixel to the right) i am able to do so without it jumping a huge distance with the smallest input.

so the question is this

Im i missing any of the EXPERIENCE that the game has to offer
is there anything MEANINGFULL which i could miss by playing the game in this way which i would be aware of if i played it normally on a wii?

in emulated games i have sometimes noticed entire objects not being displayed (ie a huge lava pit at the bottom of the screen) - these are MEANINGFULL things because they are noticeable.

the emulator may miss certain lines of the display or render things in a slightly different colour. since these things are not noticable they are not MEANINGFUL

i hope this helps explain exactly what i meant