Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: gcpad plugin troubles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I cant seem to get the gcpad to read two of my analogs. Its just a generic HID DX device. It has 8 analogs.

For reference here is the code vars that talk to DX via usb.
Code:
        reportBuffer[0]=128;//X-Axis ( main stick )
        reportBuffer[1]=128;//Y-Axis
        reportBuffer[2]=128;//Z-Axis //FYI - not used for gc

reportBuffer[3]=128; //X-rotate ( second stick )
        reportBuffer[4]=128; //Y-rotate
        reportBuffer[5]=128; //Z-rotate //FYI - not used for gc

reportBuffer[6]=0; // slider( right trig )
        reportBuffer[7]=0;// dial ( left trig )

my 0 and 1 work great and can set them up fine.

3 does not respond but 4 does, when trying to map. I also tried to hard code the ini file but that didnt work.

7 seems to work but 6 does not map.

In the config windows I get this:

x1 -> analog DX0
y1 -> analog DX1

x2-> analog DX5 ( should be DX4, but shows 5?)
y2-> can not map

T-left -> can not map
T-right-> analog DX4 ( should be DX6, but shows 4 ?)

It's like a few analogs where omitted and the others got shifted down. My guess is the z-axis and z-rotate are not looked at. For all practical extents and purposes they should not be but in some very uncommon cases ( like me ) they are. Hopping to talk with the developer here. All suggestions welcome.
Which Dolphin revision are you using? Have you tried GCPadNew ?
(04-06-2010, 12:31 PM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]Which Dolphin revision are you using? Have you tried GCPadNew ?

I tried multiple versions the problem persists way back and even tested 2.0. What is gcpadnew?

--Ok a looked for it and only see a svn hive, but could not find the bin folder to download a copy. Could some one f7 and brew me up a copy to test with, hate to hunt down all the includes and libs just to build one file.
Check out the stickies in the SVN and Development forum. Like maybe this one.
This link was very enlightening Wink and the new version , much much better, fixed my issues, and very configurable.