Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problems with getting a ps3 controller to work.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

aggrokrag

Okay, I'm a little frustrated at the moment. I had to jump through hoops to get drivers installed that actually made this usable, and now the emulator is basically giving me lip when I try and set everything.

Neither of the analog sticks are registering on the basic dolphin settings, nor on xpadder. Literally, xpadder will prompt me to push the stick to the left, and when I do it nothing happens. The second I press a button, it notices it.

What the hell is with how counter-intuitive trying to get controllers to work in computers is?

EDIT: Okay, I'm starting to stumble into some headway here, but man, I frickin hate how bad this is.
it's just the way the ps3 controller works. Mine won't do it either
I got my ps3 sixaxis & a dualshock controller to work just fine in dolphin. I did the following:

1.Get sixaxis-ds3 driver from http://www.haxnetwork.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=284
2.Update the driver manually from device manager following the tutorial
3.Calibrating the analog sticks through windows devices in 'game controller settings' so that it doesn't keep moving around like crazy.

Works just fine in dolphin too.
If you're on 64bit, Windows requires you to sign the driver. You can either be manly and do that manually with a command prompt, or do it with some applications out there that do it for you. Either way, there is a PS3 driver that lets you choose with functions of the PS3 controller to enable. Example, you can have everything including sixaxis, or you can have analog without sixaxis, or you can have analog triggers(not sure what that is but i've never tried it, i think it maps L3/R3 to L2/R2)

Without that application, it's just going to be a basic joystickless gamepad. Read the post above me, that man speaks the truth. But signing is only necessary if you're on x64 mind you, the driver is signed for x86.