Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: dolphin with more Speed???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Iluuu1994

hey Dolphin-Team =)

of course you all know Google Chrome, right?
They had an idea to make a new operating system called Chromium..
With Chromium you can safe a lot Speed and Time, cause your Web-browser IS your operating system.. What if you try to do the same with Dolphin?
Could that be possible?

And..

Is there another way to safe speed??
I don't wanna spend all my money to buy a new computer just to run some old gamecube games and stuff...

Thank you =)
Thats pretty cool idea Smile
(04-05-2010, 07:40 AM)Iluuu1994 Wrote: [ -> ]hey Dolphin-Team =)

of course you all know Google Chrome, right?
They had an idea to make a new operating system called Chromium..
With Chromium you can safe a lot Speed and Time, cause your Web-browser IS your operating system.. What if you try to do the same with Dolphin?
Could that be possible?

And..

Is there another way to safe speed??
I don't wanna spend all my money to buy a new computer just to run some old gamecube games and stuff...

Thank you =)

Yes, if you have like 10 years of spare time and if you want to write your own kernel + drivers that can match Windows or Linux. Keep in mind that Chromium is using a stripped down Linux Kernel, so its not really that new. Chromium is a heavenly patched Linux distribution with only the bare essential stuff running. For Dolphin that would mean no DirectX and other fancy stuff for a small performance increase.
um NO that means that dolphin would pretty much have to run on the internet.... which is a huge fail!!!!
There's so many ways to say this is a stupid idea, I would look stupid if I only mentioned one of them