Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Zelda Wind Waker Emulator help -- I've been at this for 8 hours :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I kind of understand emulators, I have one for the SNES. But I can not for some reason get an emulator to work for GC. I want to use Dolphin but I keep getting this error that I don't have plugins, that it wants to shut down. Can someone please help me Sad (yes I'm a newbie)

Here's my specs:

I'm running an 08 macbook (Windows XP service pack 2) with bootcamp
I have a 2gb ram
Intel Chipset family graphics card

I've tried many different versions of emulators and I can't get one to work, help please Sad
Oh and it's a 32 bit I think whatever that means
Update DirectX
Most Intel Graphics cards will not work with Dolphin. The only option is to get "real" video card. Until then, it will never work well.
Stupid newbie question again, but what's DirectX? and how do I update it?
Quote:======= Runtime Library Requirements =======
Dolphin needs you have to have the libraries listed below installed.

[Windows]
-MS Visual C++ Runtime 2008 SP1: This fixes the "side by side" / "application config" & model errors
Microsoft VC++ 2008 SP1 Redist x86 - For 32bit Windows
Microsoft VC++ 2008 SP1 Redist x64 - For 64bit Windows

-The DirectX March 2009 Runtime: This fixes the plugin loading errors
Note: THIS MEANS UPDATE YOUR DIRECTX EVEN IF YOU HAVE THE VERSION 9.0c or 10 or 10.1!!!!!!
Microsoft DirectX Updater
[/quote]
Ok did the update, this is the error I'm getting now an't create opengl render. You might be missing some required opengl extensions, check the logs for more info
(04-04-2010, 01:57 PM)nmubunny Wrote: [ -> ]Ok did the update, this is the error I'm getting now an't create opengl render. You might be missing some required opengl extensions, check the logs for more info

which graphics plugin are u using? switch to Direct3d plugin if not using it.

thats Config, then Plugins tab Smile
It's working!! Ahhh thank you so much I owe you a lot haha Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin...I is a happy Noob!
It's being slow though, anyway to speed that up?
(04-04-2010, 02:21 PM)nmubunny Wrote: [ -> ]It's working!! Ahhh thank you so much I owe you a lot haha Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin...I is a happy Noob!

Unfortunately no. Starscream is right in pointing out, that to gain playable fps you would need a 'real' graphics card.

2D wii/Gc games should run at adequate fps for you though, if you have any in your library of rips, try those
(Viewtiful joe, MuramasaBig Grinemon blade, Trauma center, Donkey kong jungle beat, Wario land: shake it, Smash bros melee)

3D games will run but the low fps will be irritating to deal with
(04-05-2010, 04:04 AM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-04-2010, 02:21 PM)nmubunny Wrote: [ -> ]It's working!! Ahhh thank you so much I owe you a lot haha Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin...I is a happy Noob!

Unfortunately no. Starscream is right in pointing out, that to gain playable fps you would need a 'real' graphics card.

2D wii/Gc games should run at adequate fps for you though, if you have any in your library of rips, try those
(Viewtiful joe, MuramasaBig Grinemon blade, Trauma center, Donkey kong jungle beat, Wario land: shake it, Smash bros melee)

3D games will run but the low fps will be irritating to deal with
Although most of the time a shity graphics card comes with a shity processor, It would be useful if we know your specs Tongue
Pages: 1 2