Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: A list for Very USEFULL and EASY to implement features!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys and gals!
I want to suggest some features that will not be so hard to implement, but will give us more confort to use the emulator!

1) Any key shortcut to stop the emulation and we don't need anymore to do [alt+tab] and selection the square button in the menu for stop the game

2) The same thing, for the Reset button

3) To save in the .ini the last frameskip option that we selected (For each time that i'll play on dolphin, i have to select frameskip 1, since it could`nt save the last frameskip choosed)

4) A command in the wiimote plugin to choose if the remote is point to screen or don't (i cant play Super Paper Mario in fullscreen without a wiimote today, because, if is in fullscreen, the virtual remote ever points to screen)
If this is not possible, at less create a "dead area" in the fullscreen, to simulate the beheavior of we pointing the wiimote out of the screen.

5) The option to choose another game in the list when we are playing a game (after we choose, the emulator execute a "stop"for the game that we are playing and runs that of we choose.

6) Auto frameskip (i don't know if this feature is so easy to implement as the others, but i`ll put in the list too)

7) A Pal60 mode for GameCube games (again, i don't know if this is easy to implement as all the others but i'll put this in the list too)

Thank you very much!
Please give these suggestion to anyone that can code!
I'm sure that is not so hard to implement them!
These are good ideas, but I guess you will have to wait a while because at the moment the devs focus is to get stability and bugs fixed for the 2.0 release....
Thanks!
I think that at less 1) , 2) and 3) don't need more than a only line in code...
This don't will delay the dolphin development Wink...
for point...

1) alt-F4 Tongue ? , I thought that we already had a shortcut for that but anyway this can be done
2) see point 1 Tongue
3)Is more than that , the frameskipping was not made to save its value , or take the value from a place different from the drop down menu
4)the pointer really needs to be fixed to, at least , use the same position as the mouse pointer
5)I think that it is not a good idea
6)I though that we already had that , just select frameskip to 9 and turn on the frame limiter
7)for what ?
(04-04-2010, 05:54 AM)James333 Wrote: [ -> ]for point...

1) alt-F4 Tongue ? , I thought that we already had a shortcut for that but anyway this can be done
2) see point 1 Tongue
3)Is more than that , the frameskipping was not made to save its value , or take the value from a place different from the drop down menu
4)the pointer really needs to be fixed to, at least , use the same position as the mouse pointer
6)I though that we already had that , just select frameskip to 9 and turn on the frame limiter
7)for what ?

7) Geist Wink
(04-04-2010, 05:54 AM)James333 Wrote: [ -> ]for point...

2) see point 1 Tongue
7)for what ?

1) i thought to another shortcut, since this close the window and breaks the game. I thought of a shortcut that did the same as the [stop] button in menu
2) no. [alt+f4] can't reset games for me (weird):p
3) The most of emulator that use frameskipping remember the last configuration on that. It's very simple to make dolphin remember the last choose, and we don't need to choose a framelimiter when we'll play on dolphin
4)Yeah! But we need a dead are too, for the games that need sometimes that the pointer don't point's to screen (SPM, for exemple)
5) WHY NOT???
6) We don't have. Select FS 9 and play with framelimiter make us play with FS 9 with framelimiter, rather that select the minimum of skips to play in normal speed.
7) Mario sunshine