Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Real Wiimote Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

BaDvs3viL

Hello Everyone!

This is my first post and I wanted to say how awesome Dolphin is! Its amazing playing Wii games in 3D!!!!

With that said... I just started using Dolphin 2 days ago. Today I am having an issue with Wiimotes. I have 6 of them and all do the same thing. It all worked fine when I started playing around 2 days ago. I can connect the Wiimotes just fine via bluetooth in Windows 7. I then pop open Dolphin and can get them sync'd with no problem. I boot up any game and the controller doesnt respond at all, even though the light is lit for controller one. I only am trying to get one to work right now. I made sure everything was set by following the instructions on how to sync a wiimote. I just dont know why it is sync'd fine yet wont work once in game.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I didn't see this post - http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-8008.html - Others are having hte same issue. Im using rev5247_3D and the newest and both have the same issue. Sad
Very strange, if you synced wiimote & got 1 light to work, that means it has hooked up to dolphin client & you have set it as 'real wiimote' in the option.

Did you try the obvious and press alt+F5 while in game to activate wiimote. Also use a game that certainly is a Wii game and not a GC game.

Alternatively, a very likely-to-work fix would be to take the Wiimote_Plugin dll from RC1 on dolphin-emu.com and inserting it into your current revision plugins folder.

BaDvs3viL

(04-03-2010, 11:16 AM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]Very strange, if you synced wiimote & got 1 light to work, that means it has hooked up to dolphin client & you have set it as 'real wiimote' in the option.

Did you try the obvious and press alt+F5 while in game to activate wiimote. Also use a game that certainly is a Wii game and not a GC game.

Alternatively, a very likely-to-work fix would be to take the Wiimote_Plugin dll from RC1 on dolphin-emu.com and inserting it into your current revision plugins folder.

I agree! if I hit ALT+F5 it tills me that one Wiimote is conntected and one light is on, on the mote. I only have Wii games, no cube.

I am also trying this on games that have worked yesterday. I know I didnt change anything. Just rebooted my PC since then. lol
Make sure that a windows is not having problems with the wiimote, my wiimote do the same thing because when I connect it a windows pops up from the os telling me that the device could not work correctly and that I need to restart
Click red reset button behind the battery cover of Wiimote, go to Windows control panel/ bluetooth devices (or task bar icon), remove RVL-001 device, then click 'add a new device' reattach it in windows bluetooth devices

BaDvs3viL

(04-03-2010, 11:34 AM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]Click red reset button behind the battery cover of Wiimote, go to Windows control panel/ bluetooth devices (or task bar icon), remove RVL-001 device, then click 'add a new device' reattach it in windows bluetooth devices

Did that and also rebooted to be on the safe side. Same thing is still happening. When I click on Wiimote, it vibs and picks right up in Dolphin and says one wiimote connected and all 4 lights are on, on the mote. Once I hit ok, it goes to just one light. I then try out a game and no luck. I hit Alt+F5 and it says one mote connected.

I am using the Windows Stack.
Well, I got it to work. I replaced the Plugin_Wiimote.dll from 2.0 RC1 and it worked on first try. I also used this same file and replaced the one in r5271 and that also worked.

Thanks for the help!