Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How well will dolphin run on...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Jac7b

A Tohsiba Satellite a505-s6005?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Toshiba+-+Sa...a505-s6005

The specs are-

Core i3 330M Processor (Scores a 2,020 on PassMark)
4GB DDR3 Ram
500GB 5,400 RPM Hard Drive
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD (Scores a 320 on PassMark)

I know the GPU is definitely the low point of the system, and i wanted to know how badly that well effect dolphin performance.

sorry if this is the wrong board, it's my first post here /:
(Intel) Integrated graphics just cant run dolphin under the OpenGL plugin because they dont fully support OpenGL 2.1. That said, I used to run dolphin on a computer with an intel GMA X3100, and it ran ok with DirectX. Dont ever expect full speed, but some things(mostly Gamecube) will be "playable". For example, I got a solid 15FPS in Wind Waker, which is definitely playable. Since your card is newer than what I used, it'd probably do slightly better.

If you could, try to get a computer with at least an nVidia or ATI graphics card(Not counting the Ati Xpress series). The rest of your specs will run Dolphin pretty well, although the CPU might be an issue for some of the more demanding stuff, but you wouldnt be trying that anyway with that graphics card.
The graphics card have nothing to do with the speed , I think that the CPU is good for a laptop, but you can get something better. And as Jotokun said you won't be able to use OGL plugin ( D3D is faster anyways )
Well it's pretty much wrong to say it has 'nothing' to do with speed. Speed will be horrible with most integrated intel graphics cards and create sub-par rendering, screen artifacts, not support all opengl draw instructions, slow dx9 etc...

That laptop is fine but the video card is crap. Intel processors are top notch; Their gfx cards aren't. There is a high likelihood that 3d games will crawl on dolphin if you play on that laptop
do not play dolphin or any 3d pc game with an intel integrated graphics card - not a good idea if you want speed or nice graphics

Jac7b

yeah, that's exactly what i thought. i'll keep looking for a diff laptop.