Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: So, how do you get games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know piracy is illegal (or not allowed via terms of service), so how can I get games?
Oh, and I didn't download the Dolphin yet, so I just wanna know before doing something stupid and asking here
(04-03-2010, 03:47 AM)over9000 Wrote: [ -> ]I know piracy is illegal (or not allowed via terms of service), so how can I get games?
Oh, and I didn't download the Dolphin yet, so I just wanna know before doing something stupid and asking here
games?dump ur original games them using rawdump or your wii to pc
google on how to do it...
dumping them from wii or special dvd drive.
(04-03-2010, 04:10 AM)GundamQuatro Wrote: [ -> ]games?dump ur original games them using rawdump or your wii to pc
google on how to do it...

Ok, thanks. I'll check that out then
When you own a legit disc of the game, you are allowed to make a backup copy for personal use. This is done either with an LG drive for your computer (I don't know where to order one), or you can use homebrew developed dumping tools to dump the game from your Wii to SD, USB or wirelessly to your PC. Depending on your Wii menu version you may need to softmod your wii to a certain extent to allow drive access (Read on wiibrew cause I don't remember at all), but otherwise all you have to do is use a dumper app such as wiihttpd or superdumper and load it from an SD card with the bannerbomb exploit.

Damned so quick you others, hope he comes back and enjoys my extensive explanation.Dodgy
I don't have a CD Drive on my laptop (damn you acer!) and I aways update my wii menu whenever there is one, so I probably wouldn't be able to mod it. If I had it with me right now I could check which version it is (something like 3.1 I think) but its at my house a few mies away (i'm at my shore house right now with my gamecube only)
you are always able to rum homebrew on your wii Big Grin , you just need to know how

1._ Search for superdump, rename the dol to boot.dol and put it at the root of the SD card
2._ use your favorite explit to load it ( recomendation: use bannerbomb http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/ )
3._ Enjoy

NOTE: superdump could be a little annoying at the moment of detecting the device. I have a microSDHC 4GB, but I had to fool the program with a microsd-to-usb adapter to make it work
(04-03-2010, 04:56 PM)anny3 Wrote: [ -> ]In the meantime, if you're impatient in waiting for the new episode,

pass some time at our Smallville message board or hit up our dedicated

Smallville portal, where you can find all of the latest Smallville

reviews, news and information.

and in the meantime, why wouldn't you go to the ''BAN'' disco. it's pretty fun out there.
OK, so for wii I need an SD card.....how about gamecube?
you can dump them the same way
Pages: 1 2