Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Twilight Princess music bug?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

T0bias

So, just five minutes ago decided to check out the latest dolphin build, grabbed the 2.0 off the main page, and was extremely pleased to find I can FINALLY play the new zelda game at an acceptable speed (experienced extreme slowdowns that made it unplayable last time I tried, was around build 3870 or something) so I'm happy with that. What I'm not happy with is that the only music in the game that plays is the save select screen fairy music from OoT. I can't seem to find any options affecting sound anywhere in the program, and this is bugging the hell out of me.

I'm using the gamecube version btw. Also, is there any way to fix everything looking so pixelated/blurry even on high resolutions with full 16xQ AA? I remember playing Wind Waker on my tv back when my gamecube still worked and it looked much better/clearer/sharper then this, and that game was released before this one.
The audio is indeed buggy, if you already use DSPHLE plugin with dtk and music enabled, nothing much that can be done.. I got music to play in most places with those settings, only rarely cuts off at random

Screen blurriness is definitely fixable though. Post what computer specs you have & what settings you have in config & graphics plugin to determine the optimal settings for you.

T0bias

(04-03-2010, 12:53 AM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]The audio is indeed buggy, if you already use DSPHLE plugin with dtk and music enabled, nothing much that can be done.. I got music to play in most places with those settings, only rarely cuts off at random

Screen blurriness is definitely fixable though. Post what computer specs you have & what settings you have in config & graphics plugin to determine the optimal settings for you.

Windows 32bit
Core 2 Quad Q9400 @ 3.20 ghz
GTX260
3.25gb RAM

I have all settings as default, so none of the boxes in graphics settings ticked except for autoscale, I just changed the resolution and AA/antisotropic settings, didn't really like the way the only effect they had was to make everything fuzzy as hell rather then pixelated. General config is default because I have no idea what 90% of it means. I mean, "HLE the IPL" isn't very descriptive

I'm not aware of this plugin you're talking about though?
he's talking about the default sound plugin. It can be accessed by clicking the DSP icon
The default settings are crap. They are not optimized for any game at all really. Configure your dolphin with following settings when playing TP and post back if it makes a difference.

Click config and set framelimiter to auto
Click config, select plugins & set graphics plugin from opengl to directx9
Set audio plugin to DSPHLE
In config wii tab, disable progressive scan

Click on graphics and force 16:9 widescreen, disable safe texture cache, enable efb->cpu access. Tick fullscreen box & set the resolution the same as your desktop resolution.

In graphics plugin enhancements, enable efb copy scaled hack.

In graphics plugin advanced tab, set copy efb to texture, not RAM. Leave everything else unchecked.

Click on DSP and enable HLE audio, enable HTK music, enable audio throttle.

You can access all the aforementioned plugins on the top task bar. They are left from the pink wiimote icon.
(04-03-2010, 12:50 AM)T0bias Wrote: [ -> ]I'm happy with that. What I'm not happy with is that the only music in the game that plays is the save select screen fairy music from OoT. I can't seem to find any options affecting sound anywhere in the program, and this is bugging the hell out of me.
You should hear something more than that , or you mean that is the only music that is working correctly ?

Try the Xtreme2damax builds which should have the AFC looping hack checkbox ( it will make the intro music to work, but since is not throttled it will desync ) http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-2176.html