Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wiiware games on dolphin? (in particular cavestory wii)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

jjjon123

Can wiiware games be emulated on dolphin??? In particular Cavestory wii?

EDIT: I would buy it but i dont have a wii Sad and i REALLY like cavestory

roneybobao

I'm playing CaveStory right now on Dolphin. The game is awesome, I understand why you like it.

jjjon123

(04-02-2010, 10:28 AM)roneybobao Wrote: [ -> ]I'm playing CaveStory right now on Dolphin. The game is awesome, I understand why you like it.

nvm I just read forum rules...
Yeah, they won't support piracy here. If you do manage to get enough money for it though, Cave Story works perfectly! Even on a "weaker" system like mine, it's fullspeed. I don't think it's very graphically intensive since i have a very crappy GPU. Pretty basic 2D game. Not all WiiWare games will work well though. I've also tried Castlevania Rebirth though and it works great too. Some work, some not so much.
u r not allowed to use pirated games OR dolphin without a wii as far as i know
You can use Dolphin WITHOUT a Wii, as long as you own the games you are emulating.
Still, good luck acquiring WiiWare games without a Wii legally. You'd need your own Wii to dump them. The games on disk can easily be ripped and played without a Wii i assume. Only other thing i can think of that you'd need the original system for would be the DSP-LLE plugin which you need to dump some system file for. Still, i can't think of a legit way to buy WiiWare games without the physical system... Confusedhrugs:
Is the Wiiware version of Cave Story significantly better than the PC version?
(04-04-2010, 03:12 AM)urthman Wrote: [ -> ]Is the Wiiware version of Cave Story significantly better than the PC version?
There are new graphics, music and translation.

Homever, on the issues...
The new music doesn't play correctly, old music doesn't loop correctly but instead starts over again every time, translation is somewhat spotty (they changed Huzzah to Oh Yeah and there are grammatical mistakes on many spots) and there are also random glitches and crashes.