Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Which svn is currently fastest?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

mavi1916

As topic says which one is the fastest atm for gamecube emulation?
latest one for me from dolphin-emu.org
(04-02-2010, 12:28 AM)mavi1916 Wrote: [ -> ]As topic says which one is the fastest atm for gamecube emulation?

If you have an Intel CPU, then likely the one from...
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-6629.html
...but unfortunately its a few revs behind at the moment. Otherwise the latest one from...
http://dolphin-emu.org/download.html
I went from using revision 5186 to now, 5251. MUCH faster for me. I didn't do anything differently either. With Mario Sunshine, i used to have issues keeping the FPS above 20-25 (with the needed copy efb to ram options which is slower but "fixes" the slime). When i updated, even with the ram option checked, i NEVER get below 30 (the game's internal framerate). I can turn the limiter off and get near 35-45fps ingame or so as well. So it definitely improved the speeds in Gamecube games at least (tested some other games with very similar results, many games that wouldn't run fullspeed on my rig now do). I tested Mario Galaxy too, and even have some better speeds with it. I can get around a 10-20FPS increase depending on the place. Doesn't usually run fullspeed, but MUCH faster.
Honestly I felt this huge hit in frame rate after the 5000's hit, and so I left it for a while, I still use rev4812, it's pretty damn fast... I am sure these days most of the quirks from the earlier 5000's are over, but I just haven't gotten around to testing them yet.

4812 has some notable compatibility issues though, but it is really fast.
you just have to test to see which one is best for you.
Depending of your specs all of them or none of them

It would helps us if we know your
*CPU
*GPU
*OS
*The game that you are trying to run
I'm on rev 5271 and most games run full speed. Runs better then 4771 and RC1
(04-03-2010, 05:02 PM)acenima Wrote: [ -> ]I'm on rev 5271 and most games run full speed. Runs better then 4771 and RC1

i think the 49xx give me less problems, but the 37xx, are very good to
Someone can say waths the best configuration for mine specs?
See signature...
Pages: 1 2