Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super mario galaxy 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just wondering how well do you guys think this upcoming game will run on dolphin? Do you think Similar graphic bugs will arise or the infamous sound problems its predecessor has plagued us with? Maybe even new bugs because of new graphic and sound techniques Nintendo might use?
There's no way to tell, I can just wonder that if it uses the same graphics and physics engine, it will run well, Im not sure of that though...
(04-01-2010, 07:25 PM)XPLUX24 Wrote: [ -> ]Just wondering how well do you guys think this upcoming game will run on dolphin? Do you think Similar graphic bugs will arise or the infamous sound problems its predecessor has plagued us with? Maybe even new bugs because of new graphic and sound techniques Nintendo might use?

Not sure if it would.

Some Mario Games seem to run well for me on Dolphin R4771. I couldn't get the first Mario Galaxy to work with the DirectX plugin or work to a decent framerate with the OpenGL plugin.
Most likely it would run fine and be slow just as SMG1 is.
From the trailers I watched, it seems that SMG2 makes excessive use of the "ghost floor" effect, which made me fear that the game would be unplayable with dolphin.
Luckily, the ghost floor effect has been fixed now though, so I'm curious what stuff they'll introduce now which makes the game unplayable on Dolphin Tongue
Yeah thinking of it, I'm about as much exited to see how badly the game could possibly be screwed up in Dolphin than how well it will run.

But it'll probably run well so it's more exiting with Metroid Other M and Zelda Wii
well, we'll just have to wait and see Tongue
Just to get off topic... When does SMG2 comeout? o_o *needs to preoder it*
May 23rd USA, June 11th Europe
(04-06-2010, 02:57 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]May 23rd USA, June 11th Europe

Ah nice thanks. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3