Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Confused with Dolphin versions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Alcobereno

Hi to all, (I'm new) I'm confused about these different Dolphin versions. I see on the official website under downloads that the latest version is 2962. But, on youtube where I see people playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl, they are using one called r2996? I dont know which one to use. Can you help me? And is anyone with my specs able to play Brawl lagless by the way?
Use latest revisions. Check this for changes: http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/updates/list

Alcobereno

Oh, alright, so the revisions are the better ones, huh?
Revisions are the only Dolphin's way of running

Alcobereno

(04-22-2009, 02:23 AM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]Revisions are the only Dolphin's way of running

Oh, alright. I found a 3028 version somewhere hereon the forum, is that better than the 3005?
(04-22-2009, 02:25 AM)Alcobereno Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2009, 02:23 AM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]Revisions are the only Dolphin's way of running

Oh, alright. I found a 3028 version somewhere hereon the forum, is that better than the 3005?
Compare the both versions to see any difference.

Alcobereno

(04-22-2009, 02:31 AM)Chii Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2009, 02:25 AM)Alcobereno Wrote: [ -> ]

Compare the both versions to see any difference.

Alright, I will. My friend is bringing me Super smash Bros. Brawl, I heard it has to be the PAL version. Do I need the PAL or NTSC to play?

tank

...and what's the difference between DolphinIL.exe and Dolphin.exe? i've read some faqs/threads and did not find out Sad
IL is test core, some games work faster, some - slower. And Brawl is only PAL playable at the moment.