Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Am I getting the FPS I should be? (Especially in HM:MM)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Marks

Hey guys!

First of all, let me say I was astounded at how far this emulator has come. I was pretty reluctant to try it at first and obviously preferred playing on my real cube but right now I'm playing some of my games on the PC and it's just amazing.

Now to the issue at hand, I would like to ask if I'm getting the right FPS in some of the games because I just recently upgraded my rig.

Specs are:

-Intel core-i5 750 2.66 Ghz (Obviously with Turboboost which ramps it up to 3.2Ghz when only 2 cores are active)
-4 GB DDR3 RAM
-Radeon HD5850
-Windows 7 64-bit

Obviously I'm getting top notch performance in PC games even on high resolutions. This is what I'm getting in Dolphin SVN 5255:

Paper Mario & Thousand Year Door: Around 50-55 fps, never at 100%.
Super Smash Bros. Melee: Pretty constant 60 FPS, 100%.
Tales of Symphonia: Constantly around 100%, major slowdown after battles (15-20 FPS)
Zelda Wind Waker: Constant 100% inside buildings and such, drops to a playable ~30FPS outside.

And the one I'm most curious about, Harvest Moon: Magical Melody, is running at a mere 10-20 FPS. Normally I wouldnt be concerned because obviously not all games can be emulated perfectly, but I have seen reports of people playing it at full speed which is why I'm asking.

Thanks a lot!
Harvest Moon: Magical Melody Wii or GC ? I have Wii version and it run 25-30 FPS,98-100% (OpenGl)
Intel Pentium D 3.06G
Ram 2G
Nvidia GF 9800GT
Windows 7 x64
Edit: Try Dolphin SSE4.1 may be get better framerate

Marks

It is the GC version.

Also, is the SSE4.1 version different from what I'm using?
I usually grab the latest builds from http://www.dolphin-emu.org/

Sorry about the misunderstanding, I'm new to Dolphin.
SSE4.1 is only on core 2 duo or above (core i3,i5,i7,quadcore)
here
You seem to have both Audio Throttle and Frameskip enabled. Try to disable either one of them and see if it improves frames.

Marks

Splendid! It's working!

It was either one of two things:
1) Upgrading to the 5262 SVN
2) Disabling audio throttling

Thanks guys! Smile