Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: any word yet?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is there support for channels on wii os yet? does anyone know. it would be cool to have them. maybe could use the wii disk launcher on the wii os to boot up iso's from ripped games. it would be cool to see than it would be almost like having the real thing hehe
NAND dumping needed probably
The WiiOS still isn't showing channels, and the devs aren't entirely sure why. That or they haven't fixed it on purpose for lack of understanding about something underneath. However, if you can get ahold of the .wad for a channel (it's possible to convert your NAND-dumped channels to wads using a tool, and many games with updates built in also have the .wads for the "system" channels on the ISO) then you can just load the .wad directly in Dolphin.

So far, Virtual Console games are sometimes booting for me, SNES ones are actually playable at near fullspeed minus sound. System channels are off and on, obviously the ones requiring internet access don't do anything, but I got the Mii channel to work. It's great because it lets you actually create a Mii using Dolphin (good luck seeing the faces, they're not emulated right) but sad because it won't let you edit any you dumped from your own Wii. I've heard reports from others (I don't actually have any myself to test) that WiiWare games work for the most part.

WiiOS is neat to have, but it's not really a top priority of the devs right now, they're eager to get the DSP doing something it seems. Still, it's neat what they've managed to accomplish so far.