Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Big sound delay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

josemdark

Hi,
As you can read in the thread title my problem is that when I run games there is a big sound delay (15sec) so it's very annoying. I'm using DSP-HLE plugin, audio backend alsa, if I use AOSound sound works well, but when I'm ingame in Mario Smash Football the emulator runs at 50% speed and sound is crappy. With alsa sound works well ingame, but with the delay. The delay is present also in Mario Kart Double Dash, I haven't got more games.

Lastest SVN Revision (downloaded today)
Debian Sid x86_64
Audio device: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset High Definition Audio (rev 05)
GeForce GT 230M
Core i7 720-QM (so the speed problem is caused by the audio)
(03-30-2010, 10:48 PM)josemdark Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
As you can read in the thread title my problem is that when I run games there is a big sound delay (15sec) so it's very annoying. I'm using DSP-HLE plugin, audio backend alsa, if I use AOSound sound works well, but when I'm ingame in Mario Smash Football the emulator runs at 50% speed and sound is crappy. With alsa sound works well ingame, but with the delay. The delay is present also in Mario Kart Double Dash, I haven't got more games.

Debian Sid x86_64
Audio device: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset High Definition Audio (rev 05)
GeForce GT 230M
enable vsync in dx9 plugin maybe fixes the prob

josemdark

(03-30-2010, 11:05 PM)GundamQuatro Wrote: [ -> ]

Debian Sid x86_64
GeForce GT 230M
(03-30-2010, 10:48 PM)josemdark Wrote: [ -> ]Debian Sid x86_64

WFT? I will try in OpenGL plugin.

EDIT: It did not work (both sound backends tried). Sad
(03-30-2010, 11:52 PM)josemdark Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-30-2010, 11:05 PM)GundamQuatro Wrote: [ -> ]

Debian Sid x86_64
GeForce GT 230M
(03-30-2010, 10:48 PM)josemdark Wrote: [ -> ]Debian Sid x86_64

WFT? I will try in OpenGL plugin.

EDIT: It did not work (both sound backends tried). Sad

is it the same for directx 9??? use that, it's better.
if it doesn't appear, update directx

josemdark

Debian Sid x86_64 can't use DirectX plugin. Linux only supports OpenGL.
(03-31-2010, 12:19 AM)josemdark Wrote: [ -> ]Debian Sid x86_64 can't use DirectX plugin. Linux only supports OpenGL.

ohhhh, you're on linux Tongue
sorry i didn't know what you were saying back there Smile
try using wine, and use a windows build and try again

josemdark

With wine it crashes running a game
May as well ask here since i have the same problem. I'm playing no more heroes desperate struggle and often times the game is moving faster than the audio or vise versa causing a gradual desync. This is only noticeable in cut scenes. Same problem with mad world, the audio and picture always seem to be a little off.
well, if any of these don't work, well it just might be the linux builds which people aren't focused on... :/
Hi ! My workaround is to... Remove pulseaudio ! (or just disable it I guess).

I get almost perfect alsa output then (just something strange, as if something was missing in some tunes, which doesn't happen with the windows build + wine ; for instance, title tune of mario kart DD).

But then, AOSS plugin doesn't work anymore, only ALSA. Sigh ;-)