Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: dolphin crashing on startup..version r4771
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

sushi155

I've read the getting started thread/FAQ but it doesn't seem to address this.

Specs:
ATI Radeon HD3820,
AMD Athlon 64X2 5000+ dual core
Windows xp 64 bit

Drivers and directX up to date.

I've tinkered with the plugins and config but everytime I try to open dolphin (not the IL version), it crashes. Here's the error in the execptioninfo text document, the call stack info memory address changes each time but the code does not.

Unhandled Exception
Code: 0xC0000005
Call stack info:
0x0E95D575 : ?

any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
R4771 is a very old build. Use RC1 from site.

sushi155

(03-30-2010, 09:15 PM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]R4771 is a very old build. Use RC1 from site.

Thanks. I downloaded this. Still crashes. However, I fixed it by changing my graphics plugin from opengl to direct3d. I'm confused as to why I'm unable to run with opengl, my graphics card should be good enough. Is there a huge difference graphics wise between the two plugins?
(03-30-2010, 10:56 PM)sushi155 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-30-2010, 09:15 PM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]R4771 is a very old build. Use RC1 from site.

Thanks. I downloaded this. Still crashes. However, I fixed it by changing my graphics plugin from opengl to direct3d. I'm confused as to why I'm unable to run with opengl, my graphics card should be good enough. Is there a huge difference graphics wise between the two plugins?
yes, there is...DX9 is far more faster and optimized.
The difference is massive, there isn't even a reason to use OGL unless the game will just not start without it