Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Eledees / Elebits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: eledeeslogo.png]

* Turn off the sound during the intro part or you might turn deaf.*

About the Game (Wikipedia)
he game is divided into small stages, each of which represents a certain area (e.g., a few rooms or a street). As the game progresses, the player gradually moves from exploring individual rooms in a house out into the street and the areas beyond. Using the on-screen cursor, the player aims at and captures Elebits, extracting their energy (erroneously measured in watts). Levels in the Story Mode are completed when the player reaches a certain power (usually within some pre-defined time limit).

The player manipulates objects in the world in order to hunt for Elebits, using the Wii controller as a "capture gun" similar to the Gravity Gun in Half-Life 2 or the proton pack in Ghostbusters. As the majority of Elebits on a given level are hidden within or underneath objects, players must interact with the environment to reveal these hidden Elebits. Throughout the game, the Wii controller's motion-sensing abilities are gradually introduced. With selected objects, players turn, pull, and wave the Wii Remote to perform a variety of actions including opening a door (twisting the doorknob), pulling out drawers, turning on a faucet, tossing a variety of items, smashing vases against a wall, etc. Moving the Wii Remote without selecting an item rotates the player's camera-view, while the Nunchuk is used to move, duck, and stretch.

As more Elebits are collected during a given level, the area's energy is gradually restored. This causes dark rooms to become well-lit, and more importantly, allows various electrical appliances to be utilized. Once sufficient power is available, players can activate these appliances, such as computers, microwaves and electric toy-cars, which in return release Power-Elebits. Power-Elebits, when captured, slowly increase the strength of the "capture gun", allowing the player to lift and move heavier objects.

Emulation Status and Speed
What works and what doesn't?:
The game is playable with minor graphical glitches and sound issues. I recommend turning off the sound until you have control of the game. The game makes a loud buzzing sound during the intro that can be quite a nasty surprise if you aren't prepared for it. Using the ingame screenshot functionality seems to crash the emulator and the online part of the game obliviously doesn't work. I am an hour into the game and I haven't encountered a crash yet using the settings attached to this post.

Speed:
I have no problems playing the game at full frames, even with a lot of action on screen. During movies the games seem to drop some frames, however the game runs at full speed ingame.

Additional Information:
  • The game can be played with the mouse and keyboard, its however advised to use a Wiimote and nunchuck,
  • Tested using the PAL version,
  • Dolphin SVN R 5251,
  • Also know as Elebits in North America,
  • Running on an Intel i7 860 (3.5 Ghz) and an ATI Radeon 5850 (5870 speeds).

Multimedia
[Image: Dolphin_2010-03-29_15-29-23-33_avi_snaps..._42_58.jpg] [Image: Dolphin_2010-03-29_15-29-23-33_avi_snaps..._43_32.jpg] [Image: Dolphin_2010-03-29_15-29-23-33_avi_snaps..._43_53.jpg] [Image: Dolphin_2010-03-29_15-29-23-33_avi_snaps..._45_58.jpg] [Image: Dolphin_2010-03-29_15-29-23-33_avi_snaps..._44_04.jpg] [Image: Dolphin_2010-03-29_15-29-23-33_avi_snaps..._44_12.jpg] [Image: Dolphin_2010-03-29_15-32-09-01_avi_snaps..._50_48.jpg] [Image: Dolphin_2010-03-29_15-32-09-01_avi_snaps..._51_05.jpg]

FullHD Youtube gameplay movie