Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: mario galaxy full speed question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i got mario galaxy PAL, and we all know that means:
50 fps = 100%

and on NTSC games we all know:
60 fps = 100%

i have mario galaxy and to get full speed i need to get 60 fps, and my game is PAL, im 100% sure.

all my other PAL games run 50 fps 100%, that problem only happen with mario galaxy, also i have UseEURGB MODE (PAL60) unchecked.
becasue i know if i check that option all PAL games will run max 60 FPS.

any help?
PAL and NTSC are not just meaningless area codes. A PAL frame is rendered with 50 interlaced fields every second on 625 lines by every odd frame (1,3,5,7,9). A NTSC frame renders 59.94 fields on 525 lines per second, and every second frame is drawn (0,2,4,6,8).

There is no visible difference to the eye, if you see video footage at full frames on PAL or NTSC system, in a double blind test they are indistinguishable.

If you set the screen refresh rate at 60 hertz (Pal60), you will get the same fps as in ntsc games. Most video games these days ask you whether you want to run in 50hz or 60hz for this reason.
(03-30-2010, 03:16 AM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]PAL and NTSC are not just meaningless area codes. A PAL frame is rendered with 50 interlaced fields every second on 625 lines by every odd frame (1,3,5,7,9). A NTSC frame renders 59.94 fields on 525 lines per second, and every second frame is drawn (0,2,4,6,8).

There is no visible difference to the eye, if you see video footage at full frames on PAL or NTSC system, in a double blind test they are indistinguishable.

If you set the screen refresh rate at 60 hertz (Pal60), you will get the same fps as in ntsc games. Most video games these days ask you whether you want to run in 50hz or 60hz for this reason.

i know, but that is not my question, i already test super smash brawl on my PC both versions, NTSC and PAL, on NTSC i get hughe slowdown, maybe 10 fps, and that happens with every NTSC game i test, so for me PAL games run 10 fps better than NTSC, all pal games get full speed in 50 FPS, and and Mario galaxy PAL cannot run max 50 fps is only on 60 to be full, this is the inly game with this problem, so is a waste of fps, what can i do?
i already unchecked PAL60 MODE
I don't really understand the problem.

If you run a PAL game natively, your fps will always cap out at 50. A NTSC game caps out at roughly 60 frames per second. To the eye, there is no difference since pal frames include more lines to compensate.

If you set screen refresh rate at 60 hertz, PAL game will also render 60 frames per second. Mario Galaxy runs on 50fps max too without running in 60hz refresh mode, I just tried this..
pal
[Image: 15dpamp.png]
pal60
[Image: 2w5t8g4.png]
Ocean how many fps do you have at this part (in SMG).

[Image: 1800x600.png]
That's the main area. Using same settings, it hovers on 46 to 48.

Doesn't lag, but it's not at maximum. On stages and galaxies it's 60.

I suspect it's due to many light sources on the screen
(04-04-2010, 05:50 AM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]That's the main area. Using same settings, it hovers on 46 to 48.

Doesn't lag, but it's not at maximum. On stages and galaxies it's 60.

I suspect it's due to many light sources on the screen

first of all thanks for the aswers =D
so, i dont know why i have this problem
i want you understand me please, so i will give you an example
i got smash bros brawl NTSC, and also smash brawl PAL
i was playing in subemisarry space in the same stage, and i got on NTSC 46 FPS, and was medium speed (76%), for me.. slow
and then i tried in PAL and i got the same 46 FPS but this time the game runs very very fast (92%), almost full speed, and i supposed the PAL version got 50 max FPS, and that is why i downloaded mario galaxy PAL, so i want to get the same fps in mario galaxy as NTSC version, but with 50 fps = 100%, ive configured my dolphin many times different and i get always 60 fps = 100% speed,i only have the problem with this game, and watching your picture OCEAN (the first showing 50 fps = 100% speed) im really surpriced because im the only 1 maybe with this problem :S
can any help please?
maybe with config or another svn rev, or savegame etc
i already unchecked the option EurRGB PAL60
thanks a lot for the asnwers
Same here ... unchecked the "EuRGB60 Modus" PAL-60 and still getting 60FPS instead of 50FPS on my 50Hz Screen !

Tried many Revisions from 3.5 to 4.0.2 but no luck Sad

Is this issue known ??
Is your game an EUR version dump?
According to his "Local Time" (in his profile) he should be using a PAL version
Pages: 1 2