Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Some help with a new PC Config for dolphin/pc games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good morning!

I'm gonna get a new pc this week, but I need some help to decide what's better for emulating and pc gamming.

I'm between these:

Phenom x4 965 3.4 ghz VS Intel Q8400 2.6 ghz

I won't do Overclock, cuz I lost a e6600 in less than a year, so i'll use stock clocks.

Also, about ram, DDR3>DDR2 right?

And as a GPU, i'm thinking about Radeon HD 5750 GDDR5 1 gb

but... what's better, a 512 256 bit or a 1gb 128 bit?

Thank you very much!
the 965 is better for over all compâre to 8400 intel
rams i read lot about ddr3 and what hi learn it is less difference between good ddr2 with a lowest lantency
and video card it depend i got asus engtx 260 top sp 216 896 meg 230 dollard and i can play most game in 2048 1536 with very high detail on but few newest game as gta 4 metro 2033 i cant put 2048 1536 only 1600 1200 if i put highest it lag a bit

the best card i think is the new 480 nvidia but you have to pay it
yeah, the amd is the better choice.
ddr2 or ddr3 isn't really that much of a difference, google for benches.

as for the graphics card, i wouldn't take the 5750, same here, google for BENCHES.
isn't worth the money, a 5770 is most of the time a little slower than gtx260 (which is almost the same price as 5770, believe me, forget about dx11 for now), a 5750 is a little slower than 5770, a waste of money to my view.

the prices at the moment are a little too unbalanced (as almost always) in the graphics card market, but i'd get a hd4890 or gtx260, cost almost the same but much more powerful. it's a fcked up decision which graphics card you should take at this moment, but spent about 150$ instead of 100$, should be worth the money. just my opinion

sorry for bad english btw

[EDIT]sorry, didn't see ur last question... most of the time the bitrate in which the gfx ram gets accessed is more important, so a 512mb-256bit over a 1gb-128bit, but in higher resolutions and aa the ram is getting more important...BUT...
most important is the gfx core, its architecture... so look for benches and don't get fooled by the size of the ram or its bits
video card it really depend of what you will doing and if you wanna put that on a large screen or run two screen dont take a cheap one

same if you wanna play 3dvision metro 2033 is a new game and minimum in 3dvision recomended is gtx 275 and like i say new pc game will need very big video card

my pc spec is phenomm 2 965 x4 1066 hyper x
engtx 260 896 sp 216 top
onboard and sb xfire as sound card

like i say i can run almost every game full graphic but few of them my pc is not enough strong i dont try to oc it

if you go see metro 2033 spec they say in optimal 8 go ram or more
i was thinking before read this that my pc have enough but like ib the world of pc it never enough fix you a budget

last when you upgrad pc it important to upgrade everything more equal as possible if your budget let the place for it hard drice

raptor wd 10000 tr very fast for sata dont need nothing
seagate 15000 tr sas i think you need pcix 4 sas adaptec
scsi 15000 tr need adaptec scsi

raptor is a good disk for install you os you cant get big disk but you buy you a 300 go or 150 go and you a normal disk 7200 tr for small app and data you keep your ultra fast disk for run your biggest game