Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Undub a game?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the subject suggest, I'm 'requesting' some knowledge of undub a game.

Technically 'Undubbing' a game is just move all the voices from the original version (JPN) to the translate version (ex NA,EUR). Purists are loving this.

Done for googling around, nothing found, except something on GBATemp that I can barely understand.

Tried using Wiiscrubber 1.40, same problem as always:

1. If I try to replace a single files using [{File}right click/Replace], The scrubber itself hangs at 'Reprasing' (<- or similar thing... er...?). It goes not responding, I gave it hours, not worked out, and the ISO goes unusable:
+Dolphin= C+ Runtime Library Error "The program terminate in an unusual way"
+Put it in WBFS drive and run it on a Wii. The sound is totally corrupt: the replacement cannot be heard.

2. If I try to replace single/multiple files using [extracting partition - then put it back] The Main partition (might say it as partition 2) goes {BAD} in the Wiiscrubber. It size turn into arround 300 MB as the Wiiscrubber says. Same error on Dolphin, Not yet tried in WBFS drive.

Anyone have any solution for me? Or should I request (or, perhaps, more likely beg for) a new function of replace files on the ISO? [ Yes... I gonna be GREAT ] Thanks in advance of any assistance.

Using Dolphin R5152 by Orleans, Wiiscrubber 1.40, Windows 7 (Virtual XP= OK!), testing upon Rune Factory Frontier (Neverland / JPN: Marvelous Entertainments ~ NA: XSeedJKS

Rights acknowledge: I own both version of copy of Rune Factory Frontier JPN/NA
(er... I really spent money crazily on this, didn't I? oh well Otaku spirit...)

P.S: Errrr.... Did I put this thread in a wrong place?
well i dont know how but im totally like this project. ganbarei naa Tongue
Wiiscrubber doesn't support larger file sizs than the original. Try using riivolution to load the file on your wii. Though it's not given that it will function properly. If it's an arc file someone could open it and see if the filenames are the same
I've done some undubs (for GC and Wii) and I had no problems at all...I used Wiiscrubber (don't remember what version)
@ KHRZ: Thanks a lot... But I page itself isn't very clearly, could you please tell me more about this?

And according to the readme.txt file, Wiiscrubber 1.40 works with larger files, as it able to change some arttibutes to fits it way.
My tiny knowledge is big enough to allow me to understand what they say in Japanese, though it truly painful playing with the dictionary around. I guess I know what can be replaced though.

EDIT: Eh, no thanks KHRZ, I rather to play games on Dolphin... You guys made Dolphin so sweet that my Wii like a a pile of Garbage in FRAGILE DREAMS when we are under the Tokyo Waterwork LOL (I mean, it totally useless.... Dolphin is sooo sweet)

@Shaoran_Redan:
Thanks for your response. I used Wiiscrubber, as I say in the very 1st post, but no luck.... What version of Window did you use, or perharp I have to reinstall Windows XP (<-uh, that would be very painful).
Well...I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium...I guess It's not related to the OS...there're plenty guides online about replacing files on wiiscrubber...I don't know where your problem is but as I told you: it can be done so try to read the documentation related
(03-31-2010, 10:32 AM)Shaoran_Rendan Wrote: [ -> ]Well...I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium...I guess It's not related to the OS...there're plenty guides online about replacing files on wiiscrubber...I don't know where your problem is but as I told you: it can be done so try to read the documentation related

Ok here is it:
Step 1: Replacing:
[Image: Replace.jpg]

Went well

Step 2:Reprasing:
[Image: Reparsing.jpg]

Ehh

Step3: Freeze!!!
[Image: Froze.jpg]

uh-oh

AnyI dea? Shaoran?