Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problem with version 4771
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there! A question. I downloaded the last version of Dolphin, and I tested it with Metroid Prime 1 and 3. In Metroid Prime 1 I can't quicksave, the emulator crashes and exits. And, in Metroid Prime 3, I start the game, and it crashes at the very beginning, after you start the game and the letters and numbers dissapear. However, I have no trouble at all with version 4525. My directx is the latest (I updated it today), and the configuration of both versions (graphics, sound, etc) it's the same. The crash problems are mine, or it's the emulator?
ok..first, this revision is not the last one
As mentioned above that is not the latest revision, the latest revision as of now is r5250, you can find pre-compiled builds in the following section of the forum from whoever provides builds:

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/forum-6.html
(03-29-2010, 02:34 PM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]As mentioned above that is not the latest revision, the latest revision as of now is r5250, you can find pre-compiled builds in the following section of the forum from whoever provides builds:

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/forum-6.html

You're right, that wasn't the last version. So I downloaded the last version, version 5251. And...the emulator crashes. It doesn't start at all, it crashes one second after I double-click the game in the selection screen of the emulator. I've got two rips of the game, one it leads to a fifo error, and the other to a GFX error or something. It's not that I can't start playing, it's that THE GAME DOESN'T STARTS. AT ALL. What could be the problem? I use always the same configuration in every version of the emulator. So far, the most recent working version is 4525.
Well there can be multiple problems that cause those errors such as game not starting. It could be as simple as a gfx card not supporting ogl/dx9, or a game just being plain faulty.

What processor, gpu you are using? Did you use wiiscrubber on a raw iso? Which program you dumped the rom with?
What troubles me is the fact that the game runs well in version 4525, so I believe that the rip's are not the problem. The problems are in the older versions. Why could this be? I'm using the same configuration in every version.