Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help - Super Mario Sunshine on Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

LuisR14

(04-22-2009, 11:07 PM)Veeeight Wrote: [ -> ]As I've found out Intel processors are much slower than AMD so if U got Intel cloked on 3.12GHz it's something like AMD on 2.4GHz maybe.
hmm strange (i've noticed Intel to be faster), maybe you're doing a bad comparison Tongue

Veeeight

(04-23-2009, 07:49 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2009, 11:07 PM)Veeeight Wrote: [ -> ]As I've found out Intel processors are much slower than AMD so if U got Intel cloked on 3.12GHz it's something like AMD on 2.4GHz maybe.
hmm strange (i've noticed Intel to be faster), maybe you're doing a bad comparison Tongue
Have U seen on this forum any AMD user reporting that dolphin runs with 1-4 or 3-5 fps? Such things goin on only on intels. Tongue

LuisR14

hmm must like for pcsx2 (that intel works best for pcsx2), so that would mean we would all have to have 2 PCs if we want to use both emu's Tongue Rolleyes

Veeeight

(04-23-2009, 09:22 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]hmm must like for pcsx2 (that intel works best for pcsx2), so that would mean we would all have to have 2 PCs if we want to use both emu's Tongue Rolleyes
Well, I don't think it's a good idea cause pcsx2 is really crappy, Dolphin plays games from Wii even when pcsx2 still can't play most of PS2 games so I can't see the point of buying special pc only for such crap as pcsx2 specially that U can still buy PS2 in some stores (new) for a piece of change.

LuisR14

(04-24-2009, 07:50 PM)Veeeight Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-23-2009, 09:22 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]hmm must like for pcsx2 (that intel works best for pcsx2), so that would mean we would all have to have 2 PCs if we want to use both emu's Tongue Rolleyes
Well, I don't think it's a good idea cause pcsx2 is really crappy, Dolphin plays games from Wii even when pcsx2 still can't play most of PS2 games so I can't see the point of buying special pc only for such crap as pcsx2 specially that U can still buy PS2 in some stores (new) for a piece of change.
well i don't think pcsx2 is crappy (i'm able to play kingdom hearts 2 fullspeed using a Core2 Duo with 1.86GHz Big Grin), but also don't compare the ps2 to the gcube or wii (the ps2 is much more advanced even if it's older than those 2 Tongue)
O rly? Read their specifications and then compare. As far as I know Gamecube has more power than PS2, so more advanced for PS2 = nothing. Sorry for hurting your feeling, if I did some Tongue

Veeeight

Mind it's not true, maybe theese few technical details will show U better:
PS2: CPU - 294,912MHz 64bit, 32 MB RAM, GPU - 147MHz with 4MB VRAM max res. 1280x1024 pixels, DVD-R
GC: CPU - IBM Power PC 750CXe "Gekko" 485MHz 64bit, 43MB RAM, GPU - ATI 162MHz max res. 1920×1080 pixels, mini-DVD
Wii: CPU - IBM „Broadway“ (PowerPC) 729MHz , 91MB RAM (88+3), GPU - ATI „Hollywood“ 243MHz, DVD-R + coolest controller of all times
So as U can see PS2 is the weakest and less complicated of all 3 U've mentioned. I don't know why some people got such information that PS2 is more advanced than GC or even Wii (this is complete b...s.it). It simply depends of people who are making theese emus and it looks that pcsx2 just ain't got good coders.

LuisR14

well i don't know Tongue (maybe you should ask the pcsx2 team Tongue), but maybe it could that the ps2 is more complex? Tongue Undecided
Every console is somehow complcated and has it's own difficulties in emulation.

Veeeight

(04-25-2009, 12:50 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]well i don't know Tongue (maybe you should ask the pcsx2 team Tongue), but maybe it could that the ps2 is more complex? Tongue Undecided
No, it's not, GC is more complex (harder to emulate) cause of it's almost 200MHz faster CPU, much more powerful graphics and special nintendo sound system (that stays unbreakable till today), not even mention Wii anymore. It may be that Sony is trying to stop all who is making emulators of it's consoles by suing them and trying to keep old PS2 on market as long as it's possible to make more money on it. This keeps good coders away from emus of sony consoles.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5