Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I GOT DOLPHIN WORKING ON PENTIUM 3!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
WOW! I didn't expect it to run but, i managed to get to world 1-3 in NSMBW. After that it hung and oh well....

The specs are sumthin like this:
Intel Pentium 3 999 mhz
64mb graphic
512 mb ram
other i can't remember , i was at my friends place.
I will try to get it to work again and then i'll post some screenshots

BTW. the graphics are all messed up, characters are green and stages are blue
Compatibility has grown an awful lot lately
Pemtium 3 has SSE2 ?

tocomengo

Hey James333, your pc run dolphin well?
(03-29-2010, 05:40 AM)James333 Wrote: [ -> ]Pemtium 3 has SSE2 ?

No. He doesn't know what he's doing.
Yeah I very much doubt that, no Pentium 3 processor has the SSE2 instruction set implemented. SSE2 is required to run Dolphin else the emulator crashes as soon as it is launched. If you don't believe me, take a look at the countless threads that indicate the emulator isn't working for those that have an Athlon XP which also lacks SSE2.

On top of that, even if it did run it would be far too slow to even play anything, it would be like trying to play on the interpreter core or worse. I would be more apt to believe the very early beta's such as the first and second beta's of Dolphin could run on a CPU that lacks SSE2 support, but not the more recent open-source svn builds.
(03-29-2010, 07:32 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I very much doubt that, no Pentium 3 processor has the SSE2 instruction set which is required to run Dolphin else the emulator crashes as soon as it is launched. If you don't believe me, take a look at the countless thread where the emulator isn't working for those that have an Athlon XP which also lacks SSE2.

On top of that, even if it did run it would be far too slow to even play anything, it would be like trying to play on the interpreter core or worse. I would be more apt to believe the very early beta's such as the first and second beta's of Dolphin could run on a CPU that lacks SSE2 support, but not the more recent open-source svn builds.

Not as funny seeing it run GTA IV due downgrader mods for it lol