Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: doubt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

tocomengo

I have a notebook with:

Turion x2 TL-58 1,9 Ghz
2GB RAM DDRII
Geforce 7000M, 256MB
Hard Disk 160GB
Windows 7

Dolphin run on this computer?
with the version 2.0 ,Pokemon Colosseum run in 25 FPS and Zelda Twilight 10FPS.

cmccmc

no. your cpu is too slow

tocomengo

My doubt is because i have a pc with AMD 2.6Ghz, GEFORCE 6200 256MB, 1,5 RAM DDRII, WINDOWS XP, and run on te same speed:
Pokemon at 25-30 FPS and Zelda 10 FPS
no. you need a 3 GHZ Dual Core or more clock speed.
and also I Think its because you have a weak graphic card kind of.

Geforce 7000 - Geforce 6200 are close similar i think.

cmccmc

you don't need a 3ghz cpu... It would be nice but for alot of games around 2.6 is fine
I have a 2.4 dual core and it runs most games at fullspeed, with a few slowdowns on parts with high amounts of detail... Also, there are a few games that I cant get fullspeed... Of course Im talking only about the games that can be fullspeed on Dolphin.

tocomengo

Thanks for resposts.
which games can emulate at fullspeed?
Thanks again!
Not very many with that cpu, but I'd think at least quality 2d games like Muramasa:demon blade would play at reasonable fps, say 20 or so.
(03-29-2010, 11:03 PM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]Not very many with that cpu, but I'd think at least quality 2d games like Muramasa:demon blade would play at reasonable fps, say 20 or so.

Lol I play about 50 to 60 fps on that game... Dodgy
Ya, but combined with Geforce 7000m card, which is almost 5 years old, and the last games it can run on medium details are from 1999-2005.. There is a high chance that when accompanied with older turion processor, dual core or not, it will not achieve very playable framerates. (Card also has 0mb of hardware memory and 256mb virtual vram)

That's subjective though, there is no definite answer but to try yourself. But be prepared that some games may not run well.
Pages: 1 2