Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help Deciding which graphic card to Buy for dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i7-980 3.3 GHZ Processor (YES 6 Cores laptop is finally here)
6 GB of Ram
500 GB HDD

This Laptop I am planing to buy after 3 month gives me the choice to choice to chose between:
Quadro 3800 and GTX 280 Graphic cards
which one works best with dolphin?
any 1?

cmccmc

gtx 280
Thanks. but Could you Tell me why?
GTX280 is older than quadro.

is GTX280 Known to work well with dolphin?

EDIT: Also i found out their is another choice GTA285 Should i get this one? also why?

cmccmc

Quadro isn't really designed for the home user. Also if you mean gtx285 go with that, it's more powerful than the 280
or take 470 and 480 the new best nvidia card
Can I ask, what's the price of that laptop? o_O
(03-29-2010, 08:03 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]Can I ask, what's the price of that laptop? o_O

I am still in planing stage.
its 3 month left to buy i might buy a lower Ram Laptop to Reduce the price Smile

Any ways , may i ask a question? Does GTX285 Works Good on Dolphin? i mean yes i saw the answers but will it give me preformence issues or it ALL Depends on the processor?

cmccmc

yeah, But it's definitely overkill. You don't need that good of a graphics card just a good cpu
(03-29-2010, 08:49 AM)cmccmc Wrote: [ -> ]yeah, But it's definitely overkill. You don't need that good of a graphics card just a good cpu
I will reduce a ram a bit to 4 Giga.
the whole purpose of getting a powerful notebook is that i want some thing easily portable since i will be traveling twice this year and some thing that i won't regret buying.

Thanks for Recommending the GTX285 Smile