Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin wont start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Megaket Genevus

I recently decided to download Dolphin so that I would be able to play Wind Waker, but there is a slight problem. I downloaded the 32bit Win version, but it will not start. As soon as I click the dolphin.exe file, I just get an error report. My own suspicion is that there might be a need of further plugins, but I believe that experienced players may know what to get, and what to do if it do not work. Help please?
What error message do you get?
Did you reboot your computer and tried it again?

Megaket Genevus

"Dolphin.exe have encountered a problem and needs to close", the typical message from a crash. Also, Restarting the computer do not help...
Post which extensions you used, what configuration, what computer hardware etc.

Megaket Genevus

I... HAVE no set configurations on Dolphin because I havent been able to start it at all since I downloaded it... I dont think I got any extensions either, but here's my computer:

Windows XP Proffesional, Service Pack 3,
768mb Ram
HIS Radeon X1550 (256 MB)
Direct X 9
AMD Athlon XP, 1466 MHz (11 x 133) 1700+

Anything else? If I do have any extensions, I might need further explanation of what it is/do...

cmccmc

your cpu doesn't support sse2 so it won't run
I knew what the problem was as soon as I read his/her post, as cmccmc mentioned your processor lacks SSE2 which is a hardware feature and is required by Dolphin in order to run. You will not be able to use Dolphin unless you upgrade and that would likely require a new motherboard and possibly new memory.

Never mind the obvious fact that even if you could run Dolphin with that CPU, games would likely run molasses slow as if you were running them with the interpreter core, possibly worse.

Megaket Genevus

That's... Odd. I had Dolphin earlier, without any problems...

Oh, right. I had Windows 7 trial by then.

Ohwell. Thanks anyway guys.