Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dilemma
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

gouryella

Hi,

First off, great job with Dolphin, am in awe of skilled programmers.

Now, my problem. I only have 1 game, and since my GC is bust have turned to dolphin. After many hours of testing have landed with REV 4771 which is good for these reasons:

1) Has DolphinIL.exe which seems to run my games better
2) Is able to use the nJoy pad plugin which is good as in newer revisions I could not get my DS2 to configure correctly with the gcpad plugin.

My game is Resident Evil Remake (GC version of course) and while it plays really very well (30FPS throughout) there is just 1 problem when using DolphinIL.exe.

1) Opening doors animation takes ages, timed it the other day at around 13.5 seconds which is weird as rest of the game plays at full speed.

I know everything cannot be perfect, and although I did play through a whole scenario like this it really spoils the flow of the game.

I have tried using newer revisions but none seem to have the DolphinIL.exe file which works better for me, I have also compiled various builds myself just so I know how and they are the same.

I can fix this problem using the normal Dolphin.exe but if I do that my graphics go funky, even with exactly the same settings as DolphinIL.exe:

[Image: screen.png]

Hoping there is some quick and dirty fix.

Thanks.

Edit - That's really annoying, after nearly 2 days arsing about trying to fix it, right after posting this I did. Switched to the OpenGL plugin which I had never considered before as I had read DirectX was better, cured my problem.

Doh....