Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: My new pc, can it handle anything?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is a budget pc i made a couple of months ago. I need to know if its capable of wii games/gamecube games. I want to test out SSBM and punch out wii (yes i own the games)

here are my specs:

AMD athlon X2 245 processor @ 2.90 GHz
2.GB of ram
windows 7 ultimate 32bit
ati radeon HD 4650 1GB pcie OCED
Hmm Should do it fine...
Some would recommend more RAM, but I have 2 gigs as well and runs fine with that..
Dolphin only uses about 60MB ram ;p
(03-27-2010, 12:01 PM)omegadox Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin only uses about 60MB ram ;p
But with a game running it's like 300 mb
So all the people here that recommend me buying more RAM for Dolphin are just a bunch of ignorant apes? Big Grin
(03-27-2010, 12:07 PM)Runo Wrote: [ -> ]So all the people here that recommend me buying more RAM are just a bunch of ignorant apes? Big Grin
No, because you are using a 64 bit system ( the only reason why you should have it is if You have 4 Gb of ram or more )
(03-27-2010, 12:07 PM)James333 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-27-2010, 12:01 PM)omegadox Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin only uses about 60MB ram ;p
But with a game running it's like 300 mb

I have to bet that is from some memory leaks ;p
Never really measured it, I tested for fun 5 mins ago & it does take about 300-400mb depending on the game.

Of course if building a gaming rig, you also need to take in account the OS usage. 2GB for instance is quite low even for dolphin if using windows 7 or vista. It'll work but at least 4gb would be optimal
Higher memory was suggested because overall performance and performance in other apps.

400mb??? I thought wii have only 80mb of RAM.
Quote:400mb??? I thought wii have only 80mb of RAM.

If this was a wii then yes we would only need 98MB of ram (88MB ddr2, 8MB vdram, and 2mb edram) but this isn't a wii it's a pc that is EMULATING everything. Because everything has to be emulated a lot more memory is used.
Pages: 1 2