Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Black Screen on 720p?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, ive recently got the newer revision of Dolphin, and for some reason, whenever i go into fullscreen on 720p for both x32 and x64 versions, it goes into a black screen with no vide, but only sound....
i exit fullscreen mode and i STILL have a black screen :S

I can only run games on 1080 p and that gives some bad frame rates sometimes, only version 5189 seems to give me good fps on 1080p :S

does anyone know how to fix this or possibly know wats causing this??

thanks
bump

please? anyone??
I love how this board is SO helpful even with 81 views, god damn, ive seen snails move faster than this -.-
Because we have no idea why that happens , what game are you trying to play ?
(03-29-2010, 04:59 AM)James333 Wrote: [ -> ]Because we have no idea why that happens , what game are you trying to play ?

any Wii game
Mario Galaxy works fine for some reason on SVN 5189 on 1080p

i switch to another revision on 1080p and it slows down ALOT

so i wanna play on 720p for better framerate, but when i do it comes up with a black screen with audio playing
i go back to windowed mode and it's STILL a black screen

this happens for all games, Mario Galaxy is an example
I love how you are starting get an attitude because no one is helping you fast enough. Next time read the forum stickies and stop acting like someone owes you something. If you do not like the speed in which you are or are not getting comments about your problem, acting like a smart-ass is not going to get you help any faster, actually, it will make people not want to help you at all. I actually know how to fix this, but I would rather not bother with you.

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-3936.html
Just tried D3D with the four AA modes at 1280*720 , I will try OGL

BTW , check "use panic handlers"
(03-29-2010, 05:13 AM)James333 Wrote: [ -> ]Just tried D3D with the four AA modes at 1280*720 , I will try OGL

so it works for u?

im pretty sure its not my PC since specs are pretty decent

SVN 5189 64x
2.80 GHz Intel Core Duo 2 Processor T9600
4 GB RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 Graphics Card
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
1900x1080 display

im checking panic handlers now but im sure it wont do much, Dolphin doesn't crash, there's just a black screen with no display, music is playing in the background, wiimote rumbles etc.

I can only get 720 if i check FULLSCREEN to play it instantly in fullscreen, but minimising will create a black screen again -.-
ok, so Open GL works....but its slow, VERY slow

only DX9 gives good fps but no 720p
ok, confirmed working on OGL but with very low fps for all games, all resolutions work on fullscreen and window mode

it however does not work on DX9 with any resolution but 1900x1080 and gives good framerate on both window and fullscreen, howver it is slightly slower on fullscreen

on newer revisions (im using SVN 5189 x64) the fullscreen 1080p option slows games down alot, from 60-120 fps to about 30-40 fps, fullscreen 720p is still a no go on new revisions for me
(03-29-2010, 05:09 AM)[SS] Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]I love how you are starting get an attitude because no one is helping you fast enough. Next time read the forum stickies and stop acting like someone owes you something. If you do not like the speed in which you are or are not getting comments about your problem, acting like a smart-ass is not going to get you help any faster, actually, it will make people not want to help you at all. I actually know how to fix this, but I would rather not bother with you.

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-3936.html

judging by ur status as a frequent poster, i find it hard to believe that before i gained an'attitude' that u managed to not go on this board here and solve the problem.

If i have offended you in such a way then i apologize for not reading that thing u posted cuz i on;t come here very often, i just made an account for this particular issue, unfortunately, there seems to be no fix whatsoever even after playing around with just about every setting in the Emulator.
(03-29-2010, 05:13 AM)James333 Wrote: [ -> ]Just tried D3D with the four AA modes at 1280*720 , I will try OGL

Panic Handlers being checked does nothing, game or emulator does not crash, so no fatal errors are recorded
Try 1366*768 with opengl,anisotropic filter 16x,anti-alias x4,resolusion 2x,auto scale
Edit: set your monitor to the same 720p
(03-29-2010, 12:42 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Try 1366*768 with opengl,anisotropic filter 16x,anti-alias x4,resolusion 2x,auto scale
Edit: set your monitor to the same 720p

OGL works on lower resolutions but speed is really slow, its faster on D3D
Pages: 1 2