Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Four Swords - Crash When Pressing Stop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello folks - New Dolphin emuee

I can load and play Four Swords (only game I have tried actually) and there is no problems other than its a bit slow on some parts. But, when i press the stop button to stop emulating that game, dolphin crashes, and also when I try and close the game window it also does.

My error codes in the log are below.

"Unhandled Exception
Code: 0xC0000005
Call stack info:
0x69288076 : ?"

EDIT: I looked at the error report, seems my "atioglxx.dll"
file may be a cause. Not sure if my card supports ogl 2.0 or 2.1 or..

My system is:
Radeon 4550 512mb
Xp Pro SP3 (32bit)
Athlon x2 64 - 2.7ghz dual core (7750 with sse2)
2gb Memory.

I've read a bit about this error code on the net and it seems to be related to VC++ and trying to access memory that it's not allowed too. I do have the VC++ 08 SP1 installed, and 9.4 ATI drivers. Seems to be more of a CPU issue. I also tried to set affinity to a single core but the game crashed on both dolphin.exe and dolphinIL.exe files.

I've tried several things but can't figure it out. Thanks for any comments!
I think its just the STOP button in dolphin!

LuisR14

i think you have to enable Dual Core in dolphin's settings Smile
It's problem with stopping games in Dolphin while playing. Wait for update.
(04-23-2009, 01:59 PM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]It's problem with stopping games in Dolphin while playing. Wait for update.

Ahh ok. Guess I will then...? But thanks for the notes. Thought I was doing something wrong. Read next reply...

To Luis:
I have dual core set now.. I didn't see it in the options. It didn't crash and the game runs a bit faster now. - Cool! Smile

Guess it may not have been related the ati or could have been.. Who knows. I hate it when I can't figure what's going on. It's much easier to fix problems if you or someone knows what is causing the problem to begin with rather than just finding a fix for it. It's fix now - and that's all that counts. Well, really it isn't cause' you didn't understand why it was happening thus you didn't fix it, someone else did. heh Smile

(sorry for the long writing..)

Now since I have enabled the dual core mode the emulator knows I have a dual core and the memory and/or cpu instructions are communicating properly? Maybe I am a bit too head strong here and just babbling eh? Smile

Thanks again yall!