Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii HD Upscaler is here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.n4g.com/tech/NewsCom-496523.a...1#Comments

VDIGI releases VD-W3 Wii HDMI Upscaler Processor
DCEmu Reviews was informed by VDIGI that they have just released VD-W3 Wii HDMI Upscaler Processor. This is the world first dedicated Wii HDMI upscaler, it can support connection though HDMI or DVI, and enjoy resolution up to 1080p or monitor resolution 1680x1050.

* For DVI monitor users, you may need to order the optional Female DVI to Male HDMI converter, so that you can plug your monitor DVI end to the VD-W3 HDMI end for the video, and for audio, you may connect your PC speaker 3.5mm plug to the VD-W3 audio jack.
* For HDTV users (make sure you have HDMI input), what you need is a HDMI cable, you may purchase it together with VD-W3.

VD-W3 HDMI Upscaler Processor is available now for US$75.00.

Specs

* Input: Wii AV Connector x 1, USB Type A Plug x 1.
* Output: HDMI x1 , 3.5mm Stereo Audio Jack.
* Video In Supported: EDTV(480i/576i), SDTV(480p/576p)
* Video Out Supported : 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, 1280x1024, 1440x900, 1650x1050 (at refresh rate 59.94Hz)
* Audio Out: HDMI audio, Analog audio.
* Bi-Color LED: Blue and Red.
* Operating Temperature: 5°C to 60°C (41°F to 140°F)
* Dimensions (approximate): 12cm (L) x 7cm (W) x 2.5cm (H)
* Mass (approximate): ~180g

Powerful Video Signal conversion

* Crystal shape image, Outstanding picture quality.
* Full HD (1080p) output.
* True 10-Bits high definition video scaler engine.
* AV grade scaler engine

User Friendly

* No external power required.
* Easy to setup.
* LED status indication.

Wide Range Video Display support

* Support TV (HDMI) and PC Monitor (DVI).
* HDMI-Audio and Analog audio out.
* Various HDTV video out.
* Native resolution for LCD monitor.
For what is used that extra USB port , It goes to the wii or something like that ?
im not sure myself but if it's as good as it seems i might buy it

Oehr

(03-25-2010, 07:18 AM)James333 Wrote: [ -> ]For what is used that extra USB port , It goes to the wii or something like that ?
power supply?
nope it doesn't require external power
(03-25-2010, 09:34 AM)Oehr Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-25-2010, 07:18 AM)James333 Wrote: [ -> ]For what is used that extra USB port , It goes to the wii or something like that ?
power supply?
I guess , "no external power supply" apparently doesn't include the wii USB ports
* DacoTaco facepalms

and whats the point of this?

seriously, ALL HD TV'S THESE DAYS JUST HAVE CONNECTIONS FOR THE WII TO BE IN HR
not only that , but why get a "wii specific" device while you could get/make your own component->hdmi shit?
Does everybody know how to make that i doubt it and is everybody willing to put in the effort to get something like that not likely. Yes HDTV's have the necessary connections but this looks like it would look better on decent PC monitors.
(03-25-2010, 05:45 PM)ugoo Wrote: [ -> ]Does everybody know how to make that i doubt it and is everybody willing to put in the effort to get something like that not likely. Yes HDTV's have the necessary connections but this looks like it would look better on decent PC monitors.
that would be cause PC monitors dont upscale like tv's do. which in either way is retarded as you can connect pc to a tv

now ,my second question is still unanswered
why get a "wii specific" device if you can get a random one on ebay?
You mean like getting ANY Vga box ? yes you re right , I dont see why not!

Kotaku.com : For $75, then, you'd want to hope VDIGI's converter is a damn good one. The screenshots on the company's site, taken using a camera rather than a proper screen capture device, don't look great (definitely not to the standard of the Dolphin emulator), but then for some people with crummy upscalers, it'll still be an improvement.

Lol !
Pages: 1 2