Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I have SERIOUS framerate issue!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(03-26-2010, 01:17 AM)Parham6 Wrote: [ -> ]Is CPU "Speed" the most important thing?
I mean, Is using a "Pentium 4 *3.2Ghz*(Or Dual-Core 3.2)" better than using a "Core 2 Quad *2.66Ghz*"?
no, what's important is
1.nr. of cores
2.cpu structure
3.clock speed
that means your quad is better than a p4 for 2 reasons
1.you have 4 cores, p4 has 1
2.your cpu's structure is a hell of a lot better
Also, Does anyone EVER managed to run in "Interpreter" mode with decent FPS(more than 35)? Or is it fur FUTURE computers?!
Interpreter mode sucks the FPS dry!!!
It's not meant to be quick just as accurate as possible to the real hardware. It could probably be run fully sometime in the future of computers though.
It's never going to run full speed no matter what kind of computer runs it. If it's running at 2-3 fps now with a dual-core core 2 duo at 3.0GHz, there is no amount of power that can make it run at full speed unless you have a 50GHz processor.
Maybe we can get a 100Ghz CPU in the future? Who knows?!
But no one answered me: Is it POSSIBLE to run in Interpreter mode?
Yes, but it is too slow. I thought we covered this already. You even said yourself that it sucks the fps dry. As people already said, it is not meant to be used to play games, but it does work.
Pages: 1 2 3 4