Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: OpenGL thing, please help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

nightyday

I've been trying to play Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, but every time I choose to play it give me this message:

Can't create opengl renderer. You might be missing some required opengl extensions, check log for more.

Then Dolphin stops working, and I have to close the program

This is the first time I'm using Dolphin, so what's the problem, and what's a OpenGl anyway?

Also every time I open Dolphin, it gives me this message:

Failed to load Plugins\Plugin_VideoDX9.dll - unknown error.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!

Thankyou
read the stickies. If you have any more questions, then open a new thread.
Make sure to read the Dolphin Requirements in the General Discussion forums and download all required files - Microsoft DirectX Updater and VC++ 2008 SP1.

Provided your computer meets the requirements for Dolphin, also try updating the drivers for your graphics card.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opengl

You posted questions that have been asked over 100 times. Make sure to read the forums, esp the stickies 1st before posting.
you guys can't explenin.
It's very simple wen you open dolphin go to config and General den enable Dual Core and disable optimizer.
Yeah, nightyday, just do what hahaga said...let us know how that works out for you Wink
It may be due to his video card not updated drivers or simply not supported by Dolphin
That's basically what I said in my 1st post Smile