Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin not working (as a GameCube)... Help needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

My Dolphin emulator isn't working. Here's what's going wrong:

It opens smoothly, and I always get the message to find my .iso files. I navigate to the folder where I keep them. (There's only one at the moment, and it's Pikmin 2) Then, the game appears on the emulator's little bar for me to click. This is where things start going wrong. When I click it, I get 3 error messages. Here they are in order: "Error loading Plugins/Plugin_DSP_HLE.dll: can't find file", "Can't init DSP Plugin", and "Couldn't init the core. Check your configuration". Then, the .iso doesn't load and I'm left with a non-functional Dolphin player.

Here's what I've done to fix it so far:

-I've downloaded the dolphin again... three times Tongue

-I've tried opening it through the "Open" button instead of double-clicking the statement I get when I open the emulator

-I have NOT tried re-downloading the game (as that would take ages). Do you think it's worth it?

You can see my System Specs here:

--Windows edition--

Windows Vista Ultimate

Service Pack 1

--System--

Manufacturer: Dell

Model: XPS M1530

Rating: Windows Experience Index: Unrated

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU

Thanks for your helpful responses ahead of time. Smile
download games is illegal no help for that reason and more you risk ban
(03-24-2010, 10:54 AM)jontcold Wrote: [ -> ]download games is illegal no help for that reason and more you risk ban

For your information, I do happen to own a physical copy of this game. I simply downloaded it to test out the emulator and to play it on the go (I have a laptop). As far as I know, that isn't illegal, but feel free to inform me otherwise...
may not be illegal in your country, but USA is and forum rules says no downloading. Before you get banned, I'll attempt to help you. Read forums.dolphin-emu.com/thread-3533.html
(03-24-2010, 11:08 AM)boogerlad Wrote: [ -> ]may not be illegal in your country, but USA is and forum rules says no downloading. Before you get banned, I'll attempt to help you. Read forums.dolphin-emu.com/thread-3533.html

Fair enough... In that case, I'm sorry for breaking the forum rules, and I suppose I deserve the ban I'm about to get... Thanks for helping me out, and bye all.

EDIT: Oh, and I guess this may help too... When I try to click on, "Configure", I get six error messages in a row. They all say the same thing: "Trying to read from invalid SYSCONF".
what revision of dolphin do u use?
(03-24-2010, 02:18 PM)acenima Wrote: [ -> ]what revision of dolphin do u use?

I'm using the 2.0 Release Candidate 1.
Have you extracted the archive properly ? Are the files where they are supposed to be ?

A noob recently had dropped dolphin.exe on his desktop and was trying to run it from there.
(03-24-2010, 07:51 PM)GodRays Wrote: [ -> ]Have you extracted the archive properly ? Are the files where they are supposed to be ?

A noob recently had dropped dolphin.exe on his desktop and was trying to run it from there.

I suppose so, considering I went through the extraction process as usual, then searched for "Dolphin" on my PC, although I have also tried navigating to it through the folders. I put the whole thing on my Documents in a folder called, "Dolphin".

Just a note to everyone: The problem now seems to be fixed. The game is running smoothly. I don't know what was happening all of yesterday, but thanks anyways for all of your help. Smile
Maybe it's a DX problem, look here :
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-8118.html