Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Save files (PAL to NTSC)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering is there any way to somehow make PAL wii savegames to work on NTSC games? My PAL version of the Brawl was crashing all the time, and only new copy i could get was NTSC. I had played nearly 100% by myself, and have gazillion of replays etc. And all that wasted?
There may be a way to hex-edit the game save and make it work, but someone else is going to have to direct you more on this.
Often you can just edit the first 4 bytes of PAL save file to match the first 4 bytes of a save file from the NTSC version of the game.
Well, anyone able to give me good step by step guide to do that?
If you want to send my a copy of your PAL memory card save I can try and see if I can hex edit it for you, but there are no promises.
Just tell me exactly what files i have to send, and ill upload/send them to you.

Thanks alot, this really means alot to me : D
Look in your emulator files for user/GC and give me either your MemoryCardA.EUR.raw file or you MemoryCardB.EUR.raw. Make sure the save you want is on the correct memory card file (Memory card A or B) and upload it somewhere.

Like I said, I will try to fix it for you, but it may not work.
Hmm, im talking about Wii saves, not GC (i think i should have mentioned that) or do they use the same files to save? o_O im kinda confused about these.
Yes, that was my fault. I should have realized it was not a GC game, sorry I do not work with Wii saves.