Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [WiiWare] Alien Crush Returns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: aliencrushlogo11052.png]

*Pinball in SPACE, oh yeah there are also ALIENS*

About the Game (Wikipedia)
Alien Crush Returns is a WiiWare pinball video game developed by Tamsoft and produced by Hudson Soft. It is a sequel/remake to 1988's Alien Crush, and is the fourth installment in the Crush Pinball series. It was released in Japan on August 26, 2008, in North America on November 3, 2008, and in Europe on November 7, 2008.

In comparison to the original game, Alien Crush Returns features 3D graphics and controls using the Wii Remote and Nunchuk that allow functions such as tilting the table using motion sensing. In addition, the game introduces "Action Balls", pinballs with special attributes that can be used repeatedly during gameplay. Downloadable content in the form of extra stages and additional Action Balls will also be made available.

The game features a high score-based arcade mode where players can select from three tables, a six-stage story mode with gameplay goals and boss battles, as well as online versus multiplayer and leaderboards.

Emulation Status and Speed
What works and what doesn't?:
The game is playable with some graphical issues. Most noticeable is screen corruption in the down right corner of the screen, which wont go away even when using safe texture cache. One major annoyance is that saving does not work. If you save the game, it will be unable to boot. The game is perfectly playable without using a save file though. The online part of the game is also not working, but that was expected.

Speed:
The game is playable at full speed with 4x SSA, there are some minor frame drops from time to time.

Additional Information:
  • Game is playable using the mouse and XBOX360 controller.
  • Tested using the PAL version.
  • Dolphin SVN R 5194.
  • Support the developer, buy the game on WiiWare.
  • Running on an Intel i7 860 (3.5 Ghz) and an ATI Radeon 5850 (5870 speeds).

Multimedia
[Image: ALien_Crush_Returns_101.jpg] [Image: ALien_Crush_Returns_102.jpg] [Image: ALien_Crush_Returns_104.jpg] [Image: ALien_Crush_Returns_105.jpg] [Image: ALien_Crush_Returns_106.jpg] [Image: ALien_Crush_Returns_108.jpg] [Image: Dolphin_2010-03-22_17-10-29-55.jpg] [Image: Dolphin_2010-03-22_17-08-50-18.jpg]

FullHD Youtube gameplay movie
I just wanted to say "how the hell did you get it to work?" when I came to the save problem Wink Didn't know that was the problem though. Kinda like the same issue there was with Toki Tori earlier, huh?
(03-23-2010, 04:43 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]I just wanted to say "how the hell did you get it to work?" when I came to the save problem Wink Didn't know that was the problem though. Kinda like the same issue there was with Toki Tori earlier, huh?

Hmm, I have Toki Tori on my Wii. I never tested it though since its in quasi 2D and I already have a 1080P version on Steam Tongue
the game still has the save problem in Dolphin r5652
You enter the game , but when you close the emulator and enther the game the save is corrupted and thasn´t let you play it again an less you delete the save game you amde previsouly