Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Computer freezes while running Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tested SVN 4771 and 2.0 RC1 in Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7
While using DirectX 9 the computer freeze completely (mouse cannot move, harddisk light is OK but i need a hard reset) at random point on both Windows XP and 7.
While using Open GL Windows XP freeze completely (same as above) and Windows 7 reports that the display card driver has problem and it is resetted. (dolphin crash)

I tested about 10 games and all of them hang the computer.

It dolphin incompatible with my display card?

Spec : Inter Core i3 530 @ 2.93GHz
Inno3d Nvidia Geforce GT 240 (Using Driver Version
196.21)

Computer Games and PCSX2 run normally on this machine.
(03-23-2010, 01:42 AM)hkl8324 Wrote: [ -> ]Tested SVN 4771 and 2.0 RC1 in Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7
While using DirectX 9 the computer freeze completely (mouse cannot move, harddisk light is OK but i need a hard reset) at random point on both Windows XP and 7.
While using Open GL Windows XP freeze completely (same as above) and Windows 7 reports that the display card driver has problem and it is resetted. (dolphin crash)

I tested about 10 games and all of them hang the computer.

It dolphin incompatible with my display card?

Spec : Inter Core i3 530 @ 2.93GHz
Inno3d Nvidia Geforce GT 240 (Using Driver Version
196.21)

Computer Games and PCSX2 run normally on this machine.

try using older drivers,sometimes new drivers break things instead of fixing'em
Sounds like a bad nvidia driver.
Tested 3 older display drivers and 4 svn version (even compiled and tested one svn in Linux)
But all combination hangs the computer...[Image: sad.gif]
(03-23-2010, 09:47 PM)hkl8324 Wrote: [ -> ]Tested 3 older display drivers and 4 svn version (even compiled and tested one svn in Linux)
But all combination hangs the computer...[Image: sad.gif]

then it must be video card, from what i remember umbrella2 had exact same problem with gt 240...he switched to 9400gt and his pc didn't hang
Yes that must be the display card...cuz when I used the intergrated GPU there is not problem...(though it runs very slow)

I tested again and I get a BSOD...
Event Viewer Says Something like this

Description:
The driver nv4_disp for the display device \Device\Video0
got stuck in an infinite loop.

This usually indicates a problem with the device itself
or with the device driver programming the hardware
incorrectly. Please check with your hardware device
vendor for any driver updates.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I dont have other display card on hand...
(03-23-2010, 11:41 PM)hkl8324 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes that must be the display card...cuz when I used the intergrated GPU there is not problem...(though it runs very slow)

I tested again and I get a BSOD...
Event Viewer Says Something like this

Description:
The driver nv4_disp for the display device \Device\Video0
got stuck in an infinite loop.

This usually indicates a problem with the device itself
or with the device driver programming the hardware
incorrectly. Please check with your hardware device
vendor for any driver updates.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I dont have other display card on hand...
well, atm stay with onboard...nothing wrong with onboard, like me! all u have to do is lower all settings! altho for u it might be hard to ur eyes :/
That's always happen to me when I'm using Wins 7 x86(stop games-->crash).Never happen on x64 version
(03-23-2010, 11:56 PM)GundamQuatro Wrote: [ -> ]well, atm stay with onboard...nothing wrong with onboard, like me! all u have to do is lower all settings! altho for u it might be hard to ur eyes :/
But at native resolution I runs like 50% of the realtime speed...
Can it be lowered more? like 320x240 perhaps?
(03-24-2010, 12:00 AM)hkl8324 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-23-2010, 11:56 PM)GundamQuatro Wrote: [ -> ]well, atm stay with onboard...nothing wrong with onboard, like me! all u have to do is lower all settings! altho for u it might be hard to ur eyes :/
But at native resolution I runs like 50% of the realtime speed...
Can it be lowered more? like 320x240 perhaps?

use dx9 plugin....copy efb to texture, frameskip to 1, disable framelimit and audio throttle
(03-23-2010, 11:58 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]That's always happen to me when I'm using Wins 7 x86(stop games-->crash).Never happen on x64 version

to him it happens randomly not when stopping the game...
Pages: 1 2