Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: dolphin backup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi guys, i wonder if i change my previous dolphin r51xx to r52xx with just delete the old dophin and replace it would affect my save game? if so, is it the only thing that i must backup to replace the new rev?
you need to copy \User\Wii to the new rev to keep your wii save games, and alternatively \User\GameConfig to keep speed hacks and... game configs.
so if i backup only the user folder it doesnt effect perfomance for the new rev?
Nope Big Grin.
Just copy this folders to the new rev:
User/Cache
User/Config
User/Gameconfig
User/GC
User/StateSaves
User/Wii

This is what I always do and it works perfectly ^_^!
thanx..but if i did that to rev 3xxx the game wouldnt start (my current rev is 5xxx)
why would you go back to r3xxx?
No one here is really answering your question, but

/user/gc/
/user/wii/

Those are the only 2 folders you need to backup to keep saved games.

As for gamecube, if you want to make life easier, you should put the memory cards in a folder not anywhere in the emulator itself and whenever you get a new rev you just set the path to that folder.
Yeah, but Bacon... The save game are updating when u save a new game so you won't have the memory card you used for the last time...
Sorry, bad English... Confused
(03-23-2010, 12:35 AM)Bacon Wrote: [ -> ]No one here is really answering your question, but
how did we not answer his question Bacon?

darkshadw's follow up post gave him a little more to chew on, which is good. but i wouldn't copy any other config folder (or file) than the one i mentioned. a lot of things change in dolphin and you do not want an old dolphin trying to load a newer dolphin config or file. (crash)

(03-23-2010, 12:50 AM)darkshadw Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, but Bacon... The save game are updating when u save a new game so you won't have the memory card you used for the last time...

i used to get corrupt message all the time when updating revs before, not anymore, you can just copy the cg folder and it'll be fine.
but in his case i think hes gonna get a corrupt message.

and he didn't specify if wanted to keep wii or cg saves. lack of info creates confusion.
(03-23-2010, 12:50 AM)darkshadw Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, but Bacon... The save game are updating when u save a new game so you won't have the memory card you used for the last time...

No problem, but like I said, you can just put your memory card file in a folder somewhere else on your hard drive, and when you download the new revision, all you do is set the path to the memory card to that new folder you made, and every revision will use the same card.

I've never ever had a problem with memory card corruption, when it did get corrupted all I did was go to the memory card manager thing and click "Fix Checksum" and the save was un-corrupted. (Backup the memory card first before doing so just in case)
Pages: 1 2