Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: IS this computer powerful enough to run Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(03-21-2010, 03:40 AM)Idkmybffjilll Wrote: [ -> ]Just use minimal settings under the gfx options

Hur der der der...

And no there is no written tutorial, nor verbal, nor video, ect..

Well there is like a dolphin setup gide as a sticky on the support forum i think. The only thing is I think its slightly outdated when it comes to some functions and there is a few points i disagree on. Like EFB to RAM I think noone use it. Might be changed now, but there is atleast a guide.

Idkmybffjilll

(03-21-2010, 04:41 AM)Johnblunt Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-21-2010, 03:40 AM)Idkmybffjilll Wrote: [ -> ]Just use minimal settings under the gfx options

Hur der der der...

Well there is like a dolphin setup gide as a sticky on the support forum i think. The only thing is I think its slightly outdated when it comes to some functions and there is a few points i disagree on. Like EFB to RAM I think noone use it. Might be changed now, but there is atleast a guide.

Irrelevant
EFB to RAM fixes some problems in some games. It should be used when needed. But the key is to know when it is needed and to turn it on at that time. But it is not a worthless option, it does have a purpose.
(03-21-2010, 03:28 AM)Idkmybffjilll Wrote: [ -> ]Were you expecting a "no" with that noticeably high end machine?

If so then, NO!

No need to be an ass because he had a legit question. For example many systems you'd probably deem 'high end' can't run ps2 emulated games at all on pcsx2. And these questions are asked on their forum all the time.

Wii is a bit weaker but the difference is not that great. You need a pretty good system to run many new games at reasonable framerates.

But yes, you should be able to play any wii game just fine with dolphin.

Dio141

thanks for the answers. just one thing, which is a bit ironic. i asked on the pcsx2 forum and they said i would probably run every game XP
Yeah you can likely run all games pretty good on pcsx2 if you get revision 1888. Maybe not god of war II at full speed but normal games like final fantasy yes.
(03-21-2010, 04:55 AM)Idkmybffjilll Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-21-2010, 04:41 AM)Johnblunt Wrote: [ -> ]

Hur der der der...

Irrelevant

How is that irrelevant? The guy is asking for a tutorial and there is one? And im pretty damned shure that you can find plenty of other tutorials as well.
Pages: 1 2