Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: moving saves from older builds to newest?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
how I take the game saves from older builds and put them in the newest builds?
thx
Copy your "User" file and paste it in the new build.
specifically "User\Wii" and "User\GC"
(03-20-2010, 07:03 AM)thaCASHdude Wrote: [ -> ]specifically "User\Wii" and "User\GC"

User\Wii\title to be exact for the actual Wii Save Folder, the rest isn't needed for the Wii Saves.
Well, the rest is needed. He's going to want to transfer his shader cache, cache, game config and config files, too. So it's easier to just take the whole folder.
(03-20-2010, 01:17 PM)[SS] Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]So it's easier to just take the whole folder.

That's the "convenient" method, but not the way it should be done.
(03-21-2010, 01:00 AM)Diddy Kong Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-20-2010, 01:17 PM)[SS] Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]So it's easier to just take the whole folder.

That's the "convenient" method, but not the way it should be done.

Oh no? Why don't you go into some detail about why copying over the entire folder is a bad idea?
Because copy whole folder will include "wiimote " ,"sysconf".If the newer rev change logs will cause unload iso (sysconf error),the newest rev has also change wiimote movement and make it more accuracy.So I prefer only copy "wii","gc","gameconfig","config".May be I'm wrong,I'm not dev anyway
They haven't changed the sysconfig in a long while. I was asking him to explain why it was not a good idea to just take the entire folder because there is no reason not to do it.
Pages: 1 2