Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Question: Do you have to use a controller?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Nickers

Hi, I'm looking to play Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life. But, everytime I try to play I get a error message about a pad and it closes out. I've figured out it wants a controller... But, is it possible to play without a controller and use your mouse and your keyboard as buttons? If not then damn I'll just buy a gamecube. But, if you are able to not use a game controller then sweet!

Thanks~@@

~Nickers
You can play with a keyboard currently, and mouse for wiimotes. With the input plugin I am working on getting committed you will be able to play with a mouse for gamecube pads as well.

Nickers

(03-19-2010, 04:56 PM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]You can play with a keyboard currently, and mouse for wiimotes. With the input plugin I am working on getting committed you will be able to play with a mouse for gamecube pads as well.

How do I use a keyboard for Gamecube games?
(03-19-2010, 05:26 PM)Nickers Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-19-2010, 04:56 PM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]You can play with a keyboard currently, and mouse for wiimotes. With the input plugin I am working on getting committed you will be able to play with a mouse for gamecube pads as well.

How do I use a keyboard for Gamecube games?

Click gc pad, it's next to wiimote, then configure your keys.

Then click on config, select gamecube, and set Port 1 to standard controller. After that your mapped keyboard keys become a GC controller.