Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Games are WAY too fast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

EponaFries

Hi, when I first started using Dolphin I had the graphics plugin set to opengl and it was slow sometimes but generally the right speed. I tried to set it to DirectX 9 and it drastically improved my game speeds, so much that they are TOO fast. I have tried searching google and the forums and I can not find a frame limiter or any other kind of solution that works. The audio throttle option seems to do nothing and I don't see anywhere else a frame limit option. If some one could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Here are my specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 1GB
2GB DDR2 SDRAM

Clod

(03-19-2010, 04:03 AM)EponaFries Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, when I first started using Dolphin I had the graphics plugin set to opengl and it was slow sometimes but generally the right speed. I tried to set it to DirectX 9 and it drastically improved my game speeds, so much that they are TOO fast. I have tried searching google and the forums and I can not find a frame limiter or any other kind of solution that works. The audio throttle option seems to do nothing and I don't see anywhere else a frame limit option. If some one could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Here are my specs:
2GB DDR2 SDRAM

Ok, I've the same problem an this is what works for me...

Config>Framelimit>35

You can change the framelimit till you get a "normal" speed ingame

Hope it helped Smile

EponaFries

Thank you so much! Although I feel like an idiot for not seeing the framelimit option -_-
you can also turn audio on Wink

kartinkent

Use Pete's Video plugins and use the ingame panel to select the frame skipping and frame limit setting AFTER you press F4 to disable ePSXe's frame limit. Also, ePSXe's frame limit works only with the Internal SPU plugin. Use Eternal SPU or any other SPU plugin and you won't have the ePSXe's frame limit. (In this configuration, if using Pete's plugins, Pete's fps limit will be enabled on start)
(03-19-2010, 12:59 PM)kartinkent Wrote: [ -> ]Use Pete's Video plugins and use the ingame panel to select the frame skipping and frame limit setting AFTER you press F4 to disable ePSXe's frame limit. Also, ePSXe's frame limit works only with the Internal SPU plugin. Use Eternal SPU or any other SPU plugin and you won't have the ePSXe's frame limit. (In this configuration, if using Pete's plugins, Pete's fps limit will be enabled on start)

Why are you discussing Playstation emulation on dolphin forum? (Spambot)
(03-19-2010, 01:30 PM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-19-2010, 12:59 PM)kartinkent Wrote: [ -> ]Use Pete's Video plugins and use the ingame panel to select the frame skipping and frame limit setting AFTER you press F4 to disable ePSXe's frame limit. Also, ePSXe's frame limit works only with the Internal SPU plugin. Use Eternal SPU or any other SPU plugin and you won't have the ePSXe's frame limit. (In this configuration, if using Pete's plugins, Pete's fps limit will be enabled on start)

i could tell from that r4 nintendo ds link in signature.
Quote:Here are my specs:
2GB DDR2 SDRAM

lol ur waste ur money on a card anyway you should have a quadcore to get the card fully output and 2gb ram put it to 8 and use a x64 system
(03-19-2010, 01:30 PM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]

That is not a bot posting, check his other posts, which is something ontopic and nothing like his post here.