Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [WiiWare] NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: nyxquest0624.jpg]

*The closest we will ever get to a Kid Icarus sequel Undecided*

About the Game (Wikipedia)
The game is set in Ancient Greece and incorporates mythological creatures and the Greek gods into the world of the game. Players control Nyx, a winged girl, who has befriended Icarus after he flies to her realm in the sky. When Icarus mysteriously disappears, Nyx sets out to find him in the ruined world below. As they progress through the game, players will be given special powers by gods such as Zeus and Eolus which gives them the ability to move objects, manipulate the scenery, control the wind and to cast rays to kill enemies.

Players control Nyx and the powers of the gods by using the Wii Remote and Nunchuk. Players use the analogue stick on the Nunchuk to move Nyx and control her flight, while powers are cast by pointing at the screen and onto different objects with an onscreen reticule. The game also features a two-player cooperative mode, with one player directly controlling Nyx and the other controlling the gods' powers.

Emulation Status and Speed
What works and what doesn't?:
The game is playable with some major graphical issues. (See the last screenshot for an example) The color of the sand and the shadows are rendered incorrectly when using "EFB Copy to Texture", using "EFB Copy to Ram" fixes most major graphical issues though. Starting the game with "EFB Copy to Ram", loading the first level and switching to "EFB Copy to Texture" seems to be a working workaround. You will need to repeat the process after every level though.

An other minor annoyance is that the sound seems to crackle a lot from time to time. Switching to OpenAL fixes it quite a bit, but it's still noticeable from time to time. It seems to happen especially during cut-scenes.

Speed:
The game is playable at full speed with 4x SSA under "EFB Copy to Texture", it runs at 80% under "EFB Copy to Ram". Some slowdowns and framedrops can be noticed under both settings, even without any AA.

Additional Information:
  • Game is playable using the mouse and XBOX360 controller.
  • Tested using the PAL version.
  • Dolphin SVN R 5194.
  • Support the developer, buy the game on WiiWare.
  • Running on an Intel i7 860 (3.5 Ghz) and an ATI Radeon 5850 (5870 speeds).

Multimedia

[Image: NQuest_1.jpg] [Image: NQuest_2.jpg] [Image: NQuest_3.jpg] [Image: NQuest_4.jpg] [Image: NQuest_5.jpg] [Image: NQuest_6.jpg] [Image: NQuest_7.jpg] [Image: Nquest_8.jpg]

FullHD Youtube gameplay movie
yeah, when I tested the game some months ago, I also had that black ground with EFB to texture. Don't you have any crashes? For me the game crashed randomly...not all the time, but kinda ennoying.
(03-19-2010, 04:53 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]yeah, when I tested the game some months ago, I also had that black ground with EFB to texture. Don't you have any crashes? For me the game crashed randomly...not all the time, but kinda ennoying.

I have played the game on dolphin for an hour now, I haven't had a single crash yet. I do switch to EFB to ram when entering a portal though.
good the crashes are /seem to be gone Smile
the game is almost perfect know. Doesn´t crash and to fix the black textures just enter the game with "enable copy to ram" to fix the black floor textures and then after in game level, choose "enable copy to texture" for a more faster fps.