Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Star Wars - Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast PAL/NTSC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

TopGun1986

[Image: 9lk8yx.jpg][Image: 10hr8nd.jpg]

About the game (Wikipedia)

Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, often abbreviated JK2 or JO, is a first- and third-person action game developed by Raven Software and published by LucasArts and Activision.

The single-player game is set approximately two years after the events of Mysteries of the Sith. As with the previous game in the series, the player controls Kyle Katarn, a former Jedi who cut his link with The Force after almost succumbing to the Dark Side. At the start of the game he is a mercenary working for the New Republic.

Kyle is joined by other characters throughout the game. Three of the most prominent are Jan Ors, a fellow mercenary and love interest; Lando Calrissian (voiced by Billy Dee Williams), the sophisticated baron-administrator of Cloud City seen in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi; and Luke Skywalker, protagonist of the original film trilogy and leader of the Jedi Academy on Yavin IV. The player also receives help from Jedi and other New Republic soldiers. Mon Mothma, Chief-of-State of the New Republic, gives Kyle and Jan objectives during the game.

There are four main antagonists: Desann, a former Jedi who killed a fellow student before leaving the Jedi Order; Tavion, Desann's apprentice; Galak Fyyar, one of the leaders of the Imperial Remnant; and Reelo Baruk, a crime lord posing as a "respectable garbage collector" on Nar Shaddaa. They are supported by Imperial stormtroopers, numerous thugs and Dark Jedi.

Emulation Status & Speed

[color=#32CD32]Perfect from start to finish, nuff said.[/color]

What works:
EVERYTHING!

What does not work:
So far everything works

Emulation Speed
Fullspeed is not impossible with good hardware

Settings used (Revision 5192 x64 compiled by Mamario)

General:
- Enable dualcore [color=#32CD32](Yes)[/color]
- Enable idle skipping [color=#32CD32](Yes)[/color]
- Enable cheats [color=#FF0000](No)[/color]
- Framlimit (auto,60 or off)
- Hle the IPL [color=#32CD32](Yes)[/color]
- JIT recompiler [color=#32CD32](Yes)[/color]
- Lock threads to cores [color=#FF0000](No)[/color]
- DSPLLE on thread [color=#FF0000](No)[/color]

DSP:
- Enable HLE Audio [color=#32CD32](Yes)[/color]
- Enable DTK Music [color=#32CD32](Yes)[/color]
- Enable Audio Throttle [color=#FF0000](No)[/color]
- Enable RE0 Audio Hack [color=#FF0000](No)[/color]
- Audio Backend [color=#32CD32](Yes/DSound)[/color]
- Volume (100%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Settings if you want to use Direct3D9

Graphics(General):
- Keep aspect ratio [color=#1E90FF](Auto)[/color](Personal preference, doesn't really matter)
- Windowed [color=#1E90FF](1280x1024)[/color](Personal preference, doesn't really matter)
- Anti-alias [color=#1E90FF](None)[/color](Personal preference, doesn't really matter)
- Enable CPU -> EFB Access [color=#32CD32](Yes)[/color]
- Safe Texture [color=#FF0000](No, seems to not be needed)[/color]

Other:
- EFB Scaled Copy [color=#32CD32](Yes)[/color]

Rendering:
- Disable Fog [color=#FF0000](No)[/color]

Efb copy:
- Disable [color=#FF0000](No)[/color]
- Copy EFB to system Ram

Game properties (Right click on game):

- Enable dualcore [color=#32CD32](Yes)[/color]
- Enable idle skipping [color=#32CD32](Yes)[/color]
- Rest unchecked

These settings is what I used on my machine and it worked perfectly so it should on yours to.

Additional Information

Highly playable with perfect graphics, sound, music, everything.
Even the controls felt good with my good old joypad and I love to play anything with an proper controller.
It played fullspeed on my machine with no hickups or lagging so then again with right hardware it will be fine for everyone who wants to play this.
I choose this version over the PC version, it have everything that the PC version have + some extras and excellent controls that are easy to learn and set.
Wheter you choose to play the PC version or the GameCube version is more like an personal preference either way you still will have a blast with this.

Screenshots

[Image: 44517196.th.png][Image: 72846687.th.png][Image: 39056674.th.png][Image: 12789523.th.png][Image: 75415379.th.png][Image: 17331821.th.png]

Thats it for now, enjoy!
Pretty cool, though i imagine trying to emulate this game is just completely pointless. The game was meant to be played on a PC, as that was its original platform and the controls were tailor made for a mouse and keyboard setup. Plus, i would imagine the game could be easily outputted to ultra high resolutions on almost any PC from the past 10 years, maxed out completely. System requirements are quite low, i love this game. Even played great at good resolutions on an ancient Pentium 3 laptop! lol Tongue

For compatibility's sake though, cool to see it working. Wonder how well it runs.
Yeh i got this for Dolphin, but damn its too slow for my computer, ok fair enough i got a slow 1,6 dual core and a nvidia ge force go 7400, but i tried it on my friends 2,4 Ghz dual core and it was just as slow, but good game thou. Before there used to be a grafica issue that made the game dark, but that is fixed now.
Post some screen shots.
Print screen is fine. Just make sure there is nothing on your screen that you do not want others to see, because the print screen will show it. Then upload them to imageshack. There are a few ways to do this, but click on the picture when imageshack displays it after the uoload until the picture is as big as it gets, then copy and paste the url.

When posting the pictures here, it looks like this.

"[img]url link here[/img]"

Place the link in between the (img)<--> (img). Don't use the quotes.
Image shack is free, no registering either. Image shack also has an option before you upload to change the resolution. I use 1024x768. Just click on browse and tell image shack where the picture is that you want to upload, then hit upload.

http://imageshack.us/
this game dosent work properly for me either, it moves at about half to a quarter of the full speed.the one advantage is i can dodge most od the bullets matrix style but iv still only done up to level 2 cos it drives me mental
For the record, Topgun deleted most of his posts before he left, that's why it looks like I posted so much and ended up talking to myself. Smile He asked how to upload pictures to the site, obviously.
(10-20-2010, 06:31 AM)[SS] Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]For the record, Topgun deleted most of his posts before he left, that's why it looks like I posted so much and ended up talking to myself. Smile He asked how to upload pictures to the site, obviously.

lol, ok.I thought hed just been to rude to reply.
did he get it working?if so how?
A new thread has been created to replace this one. Please direct your questions here --> http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread...#pid245256

Closed.