Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Framelimit issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

neuroliquid

I am playing with dolphin 2.0 rc1, and i noticed that there is something definitely wrong with framelimiter. Screen should tell you everything: http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/4792/...imiter.jpg

Despite of turning framelimit off and having quite reserve of cpu power it still does only 20fps! Do not look at speed measure in a title bar, because game runs slowly, just like 20fps instead of 60Smile.
Ive noticed also strange framelimiter behavior in Mario Sunshine, when it is off game goes from around 23 to 50 fps (25 fps is good, but 50 - too fast), but when on (auto, or set manually) - 16 to 25. It is probably a small thing to fix but would make a lot of games playable!

Im new in dolphin so i dont know what about older releases, but from 5095 to 5190 ive tested, acts similar.
Your other configs should have these options being used, too.

Dual core enabled
Idle skipping enabled
HLE the IPL
JIT recompiler
Framelimit : OFF

D3D plugin with :
Safe texture cache : fast
EFB scaled copy
EFB copy to texture

In the emulation tab, change frame skipping to 1

That should help. Also post what kind of PC you're using. CPU, GPU, RAM, OS.

neuroliquid

So far configuring graphic plugin helped for the wii game, now it runs at perfect speed. But still in Mario Sunshine, enabling framelimit just divide the speed by half. So if I get for example 35 fps without framelimit, turning it to auto changes fps to 17, while it should be 25.
What i mean it not only limits the fps from top, but slows down when it should not.

Im using asus notebook, core2duo 2.5ghz, gt 240m, 4gb ram, xp 64bit.

Thanks for attentionSmile
This problem is known. Maybe it will get fixed soon, it's really annoying.

For example the framelimiter messes up my Mario kart fps. Try setting it manually to 60 or something.