Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: No plugins!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried to put in plugins in the configuration settings but nothing comes up for selection and I've tried everything! What do I do and how do I do it?
I installed the latest version of DirectX but it's still not there!
Read the Dolphin Requirements sticky
Update your directX using the Microsoft Updater, as many have stated. We don't mean to harp on you, it's a *very* common problem that it seems like I answer at least twice every time I log on.

Dolphin is always compiled against the very latest DirectX version (which is the most recent update to 9.0c) so you need to update DirectX again every time your plugins disappear. Bit of a pain, yes, but it also ensures the developers that most everyone's cards are going to work OK. Well, I guess that logic would work if the DirectX graphics plugin worked... ^_^ But the general principal still applies.

Someone should really make a sticky for this, under the guise of "My Plugins Disappeared!" so that new visitors have no chance of missing it. Then I can ignore these and not feel like my karma's taking a hit. ^_^